+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Default New Bug, Fly in Ointment, or Change in Program?

I have just gone through a rollercoaster of boss slaughter I'm not anxious to repeat anytime soon. I "killed" my then current boss for the hopefully last time (the Black Dragon) and leveled to 700 where I hoped to remain the next several hours while relaxing. It said I killed it, awarded me the Pegasus Wings and it's weapon again and I simply attempted to even out my percentages tween strength and defense when I noticed the Black Dragon was still at the exact same level I had killed him at!
    No, not a single person was currently logged on who could have also been attacking this boss at that particular time, nor for quite awhile afterward. My new boss, Scylla, was there ready for me to attack and I still had much energy but the fact that the dragon wasn't at peak level now irked me. I killed and rekilled several times, replenishing energy and finally even buying the #5 energy potion. I finally saw the beast at top level and went to use the extra energy on Scylla now but...the same thing happened!
    I didn't really wish to be a 706 today; I'm not in a race for top level.
    I simply wish to know if you've changed the kill format or this was an unusual happenstance. Thanks for you're advice.

Administrator
    Thanks

If possible, please explain further. I do not understand what you're reporting...

Thanks

Further explaination:
    I was fighting my boss and made the kill and awarded the items, XP and gold for the kill. At this time there was absolutely no one else who was logged on who could possibly have that boss on their list, being either too low leveled or way too high (a simple matter to check and quite easy to watch for when one takes the time). However, the moment I returned to re attack this boss (Black Dragon) I noticed that there was about 2,000 in gold remaining. For this to have happened, someone else would have to have been working the same boss immediately after me. Yet still no one had logged on within range. Now, this time when I brought him down it surely seemed as though I hadn't been working from the 2,500,000, because while receiving proper XP the cash was so low as to be pennies or even zero. Nevertheless, I killed him again; or so I though. I look back and he's still not "dead" the way he would be, i.e. back to the beginning of 2,500,000G. Instead there were 32G sitting there laughing at me! (Of course, all the while I'm continuing to check if someone within range had logged on and the answer continued to be no.)
    Now I went a bit mad and bought a #5 potion to see where this would lead. Very profitable detective work it turns out because the past kill had shaved off about 10G and I slew him yet again. In the meantime I had leveled up past the Black Dragon but he was my only concern at this moment. When I took him down this last time it was final and his bounty was back to the 2,500,000 it should be.
    The same thing happened with boss Scylla afterward but I wasn't checking for who was on by now.
    In other words, if no one else but I attacked the Black Dragon all those times, why did a kill not set his bounty back to maximum?
    ADDENDUM: Right after this episode, my sister SilverStarr called to ask if the bosses were "broken," reporting the same thing happened as she was fighting the Great Wolf. I told her to add to my post here but shortly afterward she reported they were "fixed."
    Last edited by ExotiCAT; 04-18-2010 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks

Default By The Way...

...absolutely No ONE would leave the Black Dragon with so few hitpoints/gold remaining for the obvious reason of its special drop! Lol