+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Race/Class Ideas

Exotic races/classes
    So, i've been thinking... Of all the races/classes that are out there, there are definetely the most Green Dragon characters - in fact, there are 8100 green dragons out of the total 12850 players.

That is a lot of dragons. Therefore, it is rather easy to determine that this race is by far everyones favorite. So, i am proposing that you make more races like it! A bunch of new races not too unlike some of the cooler bosses would, i think, be quite awesome. Some of them would have to be for premium only, ofcourse.

I dont know exactly how many new images you have custom made for you every month, but adding a couple races/classes should take very little effort on your part, i believe, and would make the game so much more awesome in a variety of ways - personally im getting tired of how all of the higher levels all look the same: almost always Mage or male Warrior Angel! So boring!

I also believe our dear friend ExotiCat and her clan might want some kind of cat race. Atleast im sure i've got one supporter there, i think!

If you (the Admin) have no more ideas for possible races, ask the artist to get creative! Personally do i know that Karl A. Nordman specializes in these kinds of things.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Race/Class special abilities

Also! It would be cool if each race/class had a 'special ability', instead of just having the different stats. For instance, dwarves and merchants could earn 25% more gold from all sources, and the sorceress/sorceror could have a bonus to doing quests (since magic is good at accomplishing various things) and so forth! This would add even more depth to the game, letting you choose special abilities! Personally i think my own idea is awesome, but what do i know? Votes, anyone?

Possible specials:
    Mage/Mystic Warrior: % Decrease to all quests energy cost due to magic
    Warrior Angel: % increase to damage done based on level
    Green Dragon: Small increase to damage done based on level, small increase to hp based on level
    Sorceror/Sorceress: Increase to quest drop rates
    Elemental Forest Princess: Small decrease to damage taken, small increase to energy 5/min gained from items
    Assassin: Decrease to damage taken, increase to boss drops
    Female knight: low % chance to deal big extra dmg on attack
    Male Knight: huge increase to hp
    Orc/Barbarian: attacking a boss/player only costs 2 energy (or even 1!)
    Elf/Archer: Every 5 min (refill) you can attack any boss/player without taking damage (ranged attack)
    Realm Defender: Atop your normal damage decrease, gain a % further damage decrease (shield blocking)
    Dwarf/Merchant: Increase to gold earning methods and increase to Rcs gained per level, such as 2-3 total per level. (Not from quests, though, since everyone would switch to one for quests such as the 'Claim a Reward for Helping the Kingdom' quest that awarded huge gold and rcs)

Just my ideas.
    These should also, ofcourse, scale with the current power of these classes. Ie, the barbarian is in all ways weaker than the female knight, except that he gains a tiny more bit of gold / 5 min - so therefore his possible special would be much more usefull than the female knights!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Your ideas?? Possible race/class suggestions??

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Belarion For This Useful Post:

ExotiCAT (09-14-2010), jdtp18 (09-16-2010)

Thanks

i think that this idea is a pretty darn good one. maybe a little different "special abilities". but definately a good one

Thanks

The specials are just random ideas / suggestions that might make sense in some way. Its all up to Gadget...

Thanks

I would like to bring this thread to attention. It is definetely more constructive than talk of WoD 'cheaters' anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Belarion View Post
    Exotic races/classes
    So, i've been thinking... Of all the races/classes that are out there, there are definetely the most Green Dragon characters - in fact, there are 8100 green dragons out of the total 12850 players.

That is a lot of dragons. Therefore, it is rather easy to determine that this race is by far everyones favorite. So, i am proposing that you make more races like it! A bunch of new races not too unlike some of the cooler bosses would, i think, be quite awesome. Some of them would have to be for premium only, ofcourse.
    The reason there are so many green dragons is pretty simple: a lot of those green dragons are characters that never get played, you are, by default, a green dragon when you create an account in algadon. Those creating for the first time often end up staying as one because they don't know how to change it when starting, or it's a dummy account and they don't care.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Belarion View Post
    I would like to bring this thread to attention. It is definetely more constructive than talk of WoD 'cheaters' anyway.

Agree with u belarion.

Thanks

My point is, nunya,
    Green dragons are popular.
    Why not add a few races that fit with the green dragon theme? I'd play one, for one, and i'm sure more new players would be interested - also if there were to be a premium class.

Thanks

i was actually thinking something similar because let me just say, something the size of a dragon... should have more power than a knight, and less stamina, unless its like...a pseudodragon (very small dragons)
    and i for another would like a kitty class
    or a butterfly dragon (farfalla = butterfly in italian)

Thanks

As the game has progressed over the last year+, this really needs some looking into, to give more depth.

Thanks

yeah it sounds really cool to me, special class bonus' would really spice things up a bit