PDA

View Full Version : backup error

a pinnapple
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
i got logged out while playing today and when i logged back in the progress i had made today, about four levels, was gone. other players levels that i'd noticed had been reverted as well. i doubt it can be put back but i was just reporting the bug.

Admin
02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes, there was a glitch that some were able to take advantage of that would provide an extreme unfair advantage. Therefore, we had to go back to before that.

a pinnapple
02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
ok, i had wondered how someone had gone up 14 levels in just a morning. thank you

Belarion
02-16-2010, 05:38 AM
I'd used two hours of constant action, and then you just revert it back?

I see that it probably aint fair, but neither is it just getting reverted !!

In the very least could you give a warning in the news when you are testing something like that which is being reset, cause i could have been using that time much better!!

Oh and in addition, having tried how it feels when you actually have Royal Credits available, i think you should make RC easier to come by, as in getting more per level or bosses having a chance to drop one or two / normal attack. It adds a whole new depth.

And i still want my stuff back, at that.

Admin
02-16-2010, 07:27 AM
It would not have been rolled back if the incident had not occurred. Since we did not know it was the case beforehand, there could not have been warning.

As for royal credits, we are already generous in giving them free every day via search for treasure and leveling up...something that did not have to be done. We do have a new setup in place for royal credits to drop from contest bosses and rarely with high level bosses that take more to kill. However, they won't be available further otherwise. Royal credits are so valuable specifically because they are not incredibly easy to come by. Also, it is how the game is funded for the server, further development, artwork, etc. Otherwise, the game would simply cease to exist.