PDA

View Full Version : Boss Steals!

batdan13
03-04-2010, 03:04 AM
This is probably more of a rant than a problem, however I will throw what I perceive as the issue out and you can decide.

Several times I have been fighting a boss, have them down to less than 1000 hp, have to go eat something and even go to hospital and come back to finish them off to find when I attack them again their hp os back to where it was when I originally started fighting them. At first I thought this was maybe a glitch or problem with my phone or mac or whatever, then a clan mate said no, people will troll bosses looking for just such an instant that they can steal the win of the boss. Evidently people have become VERY good at it! So, either I suggest make it a way that the person fighting that boss is locked in or something to prevent this type of blatant disregard and theft from happening.

Thanks for your time...

Bat out

Belarion
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I think it would be a good idea that each boss is locked to the individual. Its a great idea that everyone fights the exact same bosses and all, but... Its being abused!! I've had a VERY hard time getting any kills at all because i usually am rather slow about my business, preferring to do other stuff while waiting for the hospital to become available again.

ExotiCAT
03-14-2010, 06:01 AM
I've experienced this issue more at certain levels than at others (notably the lowest levels, 1 - 50), perhaps due to many newcomers trying to level up at the same time. It didn't seem as though anyone was actually trolling the same boss I was fighting but with that many folks fighting the same boss out of necessity it was more like the contests of getting that final kill. My current high boss has been slain by myself the past several times, however, which is good as the weapons he drops will fund my next, pricier equipment.;)

ExotiCAT
03-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I've finally run into at least one person who lies in wait to steal the boss kill. I located those within my boss level range and if I logged on at the time they were leveling up, I politely stood back until they were done and had used up their energy points.
But now I noticed in the new profile design the energy points aren't listed. It would help to see them but I can easily estimate regarding other factors of whether the player is done. Even in a "dog eat dog" world such as an online game there should be a modicum of courtesy. I hope I can encourage others in this fashion as well. I mean, we all have basically the same goal.

ExotiCAT
03-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I've finally run into at least one person who lies in wait to steal the boss kill. I located those within my boss level range and if I logged on at the time they were leveling up, I politely stood back until they were done and had used up their energy points.
But now I noticed in the new profile design the energy points aren't listed. It would help to see them but I can easily estimate regarding other factors of whether the player is done. Even in a "dog eat dog" world such as an online game there should be a modicum of courtesy. I hope I can encourage others in this fashion as well. I mean, we all have basically the same goal.

Saye33
04-04-2010, 11:42 PM
In fact if u wanna eat ur steack, defend it ! I lost some kills like every one on algadon but u can use their own tactic or calculate the moment to heal before the last rush. Sometime u lose, and sometime u win. thats the way its pretty cool. even if i lose my nerves when the damned boss was killed (not stolen) by another one ;_(

ExotiCAT
04-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Believe me, I can tell if the stolen kill was intentional and did use their own tactics against them. It just isn't a problem at my current level as not all the 3 players in my current boss group logon at the same time but I'm also into some of the quests when logging in and stay there for quite some time.

Admin
04-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Whether they all want to admit it or not, there are as many people that like the concept as do not. It adds more strategy to the game, in any case, as well as a layer of aggression, which often also stimulates pvp. Remember that Algadon is a fighting game...all players will not be friends.

Ancient Doom
04-06-2010, 03:53 AM
I have had this happen a lot lately to me, and it just plain makes me angry. I think that each person has their own "version" of the bosses. This means, when you are attacking a boss, others can still attack that boss, but their "verison". Each person should have their own "set of bosses". This would allow everyone to freely attack bosses simultaneously without the boss stealing. I say this would solve all of our problems.

DoomAx
07-20-2010, 08:19 AM
As the boss system wouldn't change, i propose that at least we can see who are actually hitting the boss, in real time. This way it will be easier to retaliate :cool:

Ahazz
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I didn't get to where I am now without a few, no, a lot of steals. It's the only way to overcome a weak regen rate. Guys at this level are pretty good about it so I can't complain. Stealing is part of the game. I lost a lot too. There are more guys around to go after a particular boss so unless there is a line-up on the attack page I say go for it. If you can't beat the stealer then you have to wait. Massive cloaks have skewed the chances. One shot, one kill., wasn't an option when I started.

FRESH_MEAT
09-09-2010, 06:39 PM
i steal every boss i can haha i always get so much gold thanks guys =)

Drex
11-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Everybody hates to steal kills from him but this is part of the game this is not prohibited if you wish to kill bosses must be stronger and faster than the others :D.

kroger
11-08-2010, 10:12 AM
dont tag a guy as a boss stealer just because he's on pc. ;-)

ExotiCAT
11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I still wait for the person in front of me. But I do not wait for the checkout line! If the person I'm waiting for loses his kill, I'll try to regain it, play slow and see if he won't catch up again. If not I continue like anyone else. No longer pertains to this account tho as there are rather boring bosses. My alts are the ones playing that way.
There is something to be said for courteous play. Wait for another and many will wait for you. Not all, but one does tend to find friends here.

Grimbly
11-13-2010, 12:21 AM
lvl 40, spent all day trying to get some fruits off of the killer siafu. What usually happens is i win a couple battles then get steamrolled by higher level players. Spent all day and didnt get a single one. I wish they would make it so we each have our own bosses. I also think the lack of info about boss and quest drops and item info (other than the incomplete not up to date wiki site) stinks. Seems like this game taylors to those who are willing to spend alot of money on their equipment and the rest of us are just cannon fodder.

batdan13
11-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Gimbly, not sure if your in a clan or not, but that is where your going to get your best and most uptodate and accurate information. if you don't ask me, I go by buzzlightyear in the game now and I will help you with some sugestions...

back2eight
12-29-2010, 10:40 AM
I know that some people find boss steals to be very aggravating, but this is a fighting game! That's part of the strategy and part of what keeps the game interesting. Not long ago I was on a luck cloak run on the black dragon and someone stole my kill, and when I told them what I was doing, preceeded to keep me dead for the next 10 minutes so my cloak was wasted. Well, that sparks wars, and thats what the game is about. So retaliate for your boss kills, thats how the game should be played!

mailmeharry2008
12-30-2010, 02:10 AM
If a kill is stolen intentionally by someone then it is wrong, but sometimes people don't intend to do so, in that case the stealer is not to be blamed for stealing. Yes, it's part of the game, and nice people will never steal, but some bad ones loves to do so, like fresh_meat said above. He is doing racist comments on riley69 profile as well.

If someone's kill is stolen, he should pm the stealer asking him reason? if he don't reply or seems happy in stealing that kill, then he is guilty, but if he replies then he will surely return ur kill by helping u in another go.

Veni Vidi Vici
01-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Like someone said about getting steamrolled at Saifu I'm one of them doing it, but honestly not intentionally. I one hit kill him and can't see when someone else is fighting it.

mailmeharry2008
01-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Like someone said about getting steamrolled at Saifu I'm one of them doing it, but honestly not intentionally. I one hit kill him and can't see when someone else is fighting it.

Yes, VVV, some people don't do it intentionally and for k. siafu, many people can one hit KO it, and for all lower level bosses the hp of them is very low, so there is nothing like kill stealing in them. Kill stealing starts when a high hp boss of at least 50000 hp is overrun by someone else if we lowered it's hp. LOls, but that's alright for me as well. I don't bounty anyone for kill stealing even if he do so intentionally.