PDA

View Full Version : Johnny5

batdan13
03-27-2010, 05:43 AM
So how does a lvl 141 player deal 2240 hp damage to a lvl 637 player. Don't give me the crap about legendary items... He is showing this new cloak and I think the energy cloak, so unless he is maxed on both, cause I have 2 of each of the 3 that were avaiable plus all the other crap...this definitely needs looked at....things that make you go...hum..:rolleyes:

Seapig
03-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Why doesn't the Beastslayer cloak have a minimum user level on it? If it doesn't, you should remove the user level on ALL legendary items.

Looking at the other items, the minimum user level should be around 250, IF IT DOESN'T STACK! Probably 500 if it does stack. Or better yet, let ME stack all non-conflicting armor! Helm, body armor, leg armor, boots, shield.

Sykosis
03-27-2010, 07:03 PM
I would suggest only being able to own one of the beast slayer cloaks. With no minimum level, you could have a level 1 player who can buy all 20 of them and be pretty powerful, defeating the whole purpose of leveling up, stats, etc etc

Admin
03-27-2010, 07:08 PM
So how does a lvl 141 player deal 2240 hp damage to a lvl 637 player. Don't give me the crap about legendary items... He is showing this new cloak and I think the energy cloak, so unless he is maxed on both, cause I have 2 of each of the 3 that were avaiable plus all the other crap...this definitely needs looked at....things that make you go...hum..:rolleyes:

It is definitely all legit. You're not alone in mentioning him. :)

Sykosis
03-27-2010, 07:11 PM
It is definitely all legit. You're not alone in mentioning him. :)

You probably could retire now because of him, huh? :D

Admin
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I would suggest only being able to own one of the beast slayer cloaks. With no minimum level, you could have a level 1 player who can buy all 20 of them and be pretty powerful, defeating the whole purpose of leveling up, stats, etc etc

The max has been reduced. Actually, players would still need to level up and progress. Even with the cloaks, you're not powerful enough at level 1 to take on the higher players that have drops, stronger equipment, and not to mention the base str and def. It certainly helps a lot, but it's not any good without playing...and besides...what's the fun in that.

Sykosis
03-27-2010, 07:32 PM
The max has been reduced. Actually, players would still need to level up and progress. Even with the cloaks, you're not powerful enough at level 1 to take on the higher players that have drops, stronger equipment, and not to mention the base str and def. It certainly helps a lot, but it's not any good without playing...and besides...what's the fun in that.

I think your last sentence is what has gotten everyone so worked up about this player - that it appears he is buying his character, rather than building it. Most of us choose to balance purchases with leveling up for maximum fun, but I agree, what fun is it in playing a game where you don't take the time to actually play it.

But to each his own.

gclu
03-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Admin, you are killing this game.

ExotiCAT
03-28-2010, 06:05 AM
I totally agree with you all. I bought 1 of each cloak mainly to boost my energy as well as donation to a well run game site. It should not be possible for a low level player to be invulnerable, yet, when we level up past his maximum "pay in lieu of play" we'll be the master and J5 will be short of funds he could have better spent on his mortgage or rent!

batdan13
03-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Oops sorry for the can of worms....But I kind of agree with everyone!

Sykosis
03-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Admin, you are killing this game.

They aren't killing the game.

One could argue that it favors the wealthy, but that won't stop the rest of us from trying harder to match his stats, surpass his stats, bounty him over and over again, and show that money can't buy everything :D

I've put a lot of money into the game myself but refuse to buy a character - there is no fun in that. I want some challenge in the game.

But even if you don't have real money to spend, you can strategize on how to best use your earned credits to obtain legendary items. That in itself is a great part of this game. For me, though, I'm too impatient, which is why I bought some stuff.

But I'm done paying for a while - going to take up the credit challenge and save save save!

Seapig
04-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Ok, Now I want a fn DETAILED explanation!

"You were attacked by Legolas Prime and lost! You took 11812 in damage, while dealing 3398."
Username: Legolas Prime
User Level: 1144
Strength Exp: 11,774/21,650
Defense Exp: 21,596/23,645
Spiked Shield of Voluptas
+750 Defense
+25 Strength
Death Rays
+900 Defense
+900 Strength

Username: Seapig
User Level: 2317
Strength Exp: 8,759/147,335
Defense Exp: 76,160/114,120
Spiked Shield Blessed by the Gods
+1500 Defense
+750 Strength
Vision of Fear
+2200 Defense
+2200 Strength

So his user strength is less than half mine, his defense is about half mine, equip strength and defense less than half mine.

That leaves unrevealed legendary items. This is outrageous! This player hit me for more than 5 times the damage as any boss that I can see!

Define the rules for damage taken/given IN THE GAME GUIDE! I'm tired of guessing how user strength/defense, equip strength/defense, and extra damage all fit together!

From observed behavior, something is completely unbalanced.

I'm not blaming Legolas. I would guess attacking a player 1000 levels higher than you has a better Experience payout than a boss at most 25 levels above you.

Admin
04-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Legolas Prime does not show the legendary items he owns on his profile. Therefore, you are not taking into account any cloaks and other items the player may have.

Seapig
04-09-2010, 09:05 AM
That's a complete non-answer.

I stated that the difference was probably legendary items. I didn't list mine either.

But just to put everything right out there where everyone can see it:

At the time of the attack, I had approximately +1000 Defense, +700 strength, and +700 extra damage. So what you are saying is that by whatever the mystical formula used to resolve player attacks is, there are legendary items that can overcome 1000 point strength and defense deficit?

I'm not asking for anything unreasonable, I'm simply asking for you to define how player attacks are resolved so that I can know what to purchase.

Admin
04-09-2010, 09:29 AM
The Cloak of Shadows and Ultimate Power Cloaks have a +500 benefit for the single item. Apologies for not being more specific. Just didn't want to speak on someone else's stats.

Seapig
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Here's a "yes/no" question.

Will you document the relationship of strength/defense/equip strength/equip defense/extra damage in the resolution of player attacks?

Second question: If "yes", when and where will this information be?

Admin
04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Here's a "yes/no" question.

Will you document the relationship of strength/defense/equip strength/equip defense/extra damage in the resolution of player attacks?

Second question: If "yes", when and where will this information be?

Yes, will do so here. Here goes...

Base damage is generated for both sides (based on level + item damage + extra damage). Strength damage increase is then calculated, which is totalstr * seed / 22 (defense is the same formula just on defense with a new seed). For defense, basically a damage absorption value is calculated. When the two numbers are factored together, we ensure at least 25% of the damage is processed (creating a point where you can't become unhitable). Strength and defense mitigate and produce the same damage, just we limit all damage from being blocked so there's a cap on being extremely over on defense vs. someone who is attacking you (in effect making you untouchable). So, in all attack cases, you will take at least some damage.

So, now to the end result... Having greater defense will, of course, reduce the damage you take when being attacked. Having more strength causes more damage to be done. The side with the greater damage is, of course, the winner.

Sykosis
04-09-2010, 11:08 PM
The problem we are all facing is that purchase power > play power.

That is, the game is becoming less and less fun since leveling up and building your character through skill playing is becoming less important compared to how much money someone has to buy powerful items.

Why would I play a game when other players are spending hundreds of dollars to power up their character? One could say that I should pay as much and buy powerful items, but I'm not. That type of rational will ultimately backfire and folks will leave the game.

I got a message from Gadget Advisor (don't know who that is) about suggestions - with the Easter holiday and some family issues I have not been able to respond, but I have some ideas that I think are great that could continue to generate revenue for the devs but also balance out the playing field for active players. Stay tuned...

Admin
04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Sykosis, it has always been like this. In fact, all of the online games are since (depending on the way the game is setup) players can buy additional stat points or special items to further their character. That's how online games generate revenue and survive. The only difference now is that there are single more expensive items that can be obtained versus the multiple lesser expensive ones before.

As for players spending hundreds of dollars to further their character...there's nothing new about that either. There were players doing that since the beginning.

We do look forward to hearing your feedback, though, in any case.

gclu
04-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Admin., you missed the key point.
It is true it has been always like this that any "free" on-line games need some kinds of paid items to make profits so as to at least maintain its developing and operating to become better and better, but the paid items should be careful designed.
Players are lured to purchase paid items to get "some" advantages for both PvE and PvP, but players should NOT get paid items to get "absolute" advantages for PvE and PvP. Destroying balance and fairness of this game is equivalent of destroying the game itself in the long run.

Sykosis
04-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Admin., you missed the key point.
It is true it has been always like this that any "free" on-line games need some kinds of paid items to make profits so as to at least maintain its developing and operating to become better and better, but the paid items should be careful designed.
Players are lured to purchase paid items to get "some" advantages for both PvE and PvP, but players should NOT get paid items to get "absolute" advantages for PvE and PvP. Destroying balance and fairness of this game is equivalent of destroying the game itself in the long run.

This will be addressed in my feedback to the devs. Working on it now to be sent to them tomorrow.

batdan13
04-11-2010, 07:41 AM
OK, so bat is stupid, will somebody please translate for me, what is devs? Thanks, I'm just an ole countryboy, I drive a 4 wheel drive!

Sykosis
04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
OK, so bat is stupid, will somebody please translate for me, what is devs? Thanks, I'm just an ole countryboy, I drive a 4 wheel drive!

short for "developers"

batdan13
04-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Ya my clan translated fer me....Sorry ;-}