View Full Version : New Quest Spoiler

Bach
04-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Collect a Reward from the King for Your Service to the Kingdom
100 Energy
Level 1
Payout : 10 Billion Gold...
Requires : Alchemy Pendant.

So, asking around they say those aren't around anymore... what to do?

Bach
04-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Second quest is searching for the pendant, which takes "150" days at 100 energy each. so, 15000 energy to get the pendant it seems.

Admin
04-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Indeed. The reward is VERY well worth it.

Bach
04-23-2010, 07:26 AM
I noticed :D

Yar!
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM
For how long is this quest available?

Admin
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Just today.

Yar!
04-23-2010, 09:39 AM
So the little people have no chance of completing it then?

Admin
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
It was available for weeks with the Templar quest. Always do the special quests, even if the reward does not seem worth it. Chances are the reward will be key to something later. However, we did make a quest available for those who didn't get it then so they would not be left out if they want to do it now.

Yar!
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
You totally miss my point, there is no way to complete this quest evan as a premium member, with the slightly higher energy/5mins let alone with 12 energy cloaks (possibly full ones) without buying credits for energy potion refills. So, how do you expect any non-premium player to benefit by taking part?

More to the point, when a non premium player realizes how much he would have to spend on credits to 'top up' on his daily energy, assuming he can make the most of his energy, do you really think they will bother?

You are gearing the game totally on aiding the players willing to pay through the nose for credits, while non premium players are totally ignored.

Give non premium players targets that are feasible, with a reward that will actually help them a little (not not just +1 to str/def crap) and you might just find more people sign on, and end up spending more on credits. Trust me, the games business plan needs serious revision. Your banking on a few spending a lot, when you need a lot to spend a bit, to make you money.

Admin
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Must not have explained well. This was available with the Templar special event that was available recently for weeks, enough time for anyone, including non-premium, to get the pendant.

So, ideally, everyone that is active would have it from there.

There could have not even be a quest to get it now. However, one was made available for those that decided not to take part before, although it will be more difficult to get now for many players.

It would not seem fair if it were super easy to get now whereas it took days to get before.

Hopefully this will drive home the notion that events with special items are important to get, even if the reward does not seem worth it at the time...since it may be key to get a further reward down the road.

Yar!
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Yea, but for a start, not everyone was a player back then, I wasnt, so i have no chance of getting any templar equipment so im being penalised because i never knew of the game earlyer, because the game it hidden away because you have little to no advertising to let ppl know its about.

Look at Evony, they spend tons on advertising, and have lord knows how many members, some paying a little to get decent perks, but they will have alot more people paying than this game will if you stick to your currant plans, im not trying to be mean or offensive, thats just the way things are. The players on here that want to be the best, WIlLL go and buy credits to max our arch mage and beast and energy cloaks, but to do it they have to pay literally, a small fortune, quite similar to a month or three of mortgage payments ... how is this a reasonable price to pay for a game, while non premium members get little to no thought?

So, back to my point, will you be making any other old items available to people who 'joined late' with a reasonable chance of getting them without having to pay? Some items you can only have one of, so make these items the same, if older players already have them, then so what? but at least the newer players get the same chance to get the items that the older ones had.

Admin
04-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes, most special events are independent, like the one just announced in news right now...and we will bring back old items from time to time also.

gclu
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Is the new "Explore the Fortress of the Serpentius Centurion" quest also available for 1 day only?
And where can we get the "Alchemy Bracelet"?

Admin
04-23-2010, 01:27 PM
No, the Explore the Fortress of the Serpentius Centurion quest will be available for days. As for the Alchemy Bracelet, that's the riddle part of the event. You have to find that, unless you can get it from someone. <hint>

gclu
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Admin., can unveil a little bit more hints?

Admin
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Don't want to give too much away. I will say you're not going to get anything from a normal boss, and there are two ways to get it.

PrinCyz
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Admin, I am going to have to disagree with you. The Templar Quest was at least a month ago. What about the new players that joined since them. You have totally frozen them out. They have no chance to complete. If nothing else, you need to think about that. YOu have players joining all the time and with quests like that one, it will not be worth it for new players to join. They have no chance to compete. At least look at their "join" date and give them a chance to complete the quest longer than seasoned players.

I truly appreciate the attempt to do special things, but you need to consider the new players, or those players that have low energy on these type of quests.

Admin
04-24-2010, 02:51 PM
This, as you know, is not the norm. Most special quests and events are all inclusive. Just remember going forward to always try to take part in special events. The reward may be greater than even it seems at the time (for something else down the road). Although, as I said, most of the time, they are self-contained, but sometimes you may need something from a previous event. This was a reward of sorts for the active players.

ExotiCAT
04-26-2010, 04:46 AM
I received the Alchemy Pendant from the Templar (Earth Eater) Special Event quest. I'm hoping it brings more luck and opens new avenues, although I surely was tickled pink at receiving the 10 billion from the king!

batdan13
04-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Come on peeps, really. Give the admin a break. I understand we as leaders have to argue a bit for our troops, been doing all my life. However, there is a time where the trying to win for the people becomes whining and we are there! LET IT GO, please! Yes those who weren't playing then are outta the mix kind of. But if you feel that strongly, you could've bought them enough rc's to complete the first quest in a timely manner to complete the 2nd and so on, so forth. So it was do able, I had several of my guys do it, saying, ya know the $60 they spent was worth the 10 billion and 3000 credits they got n return. So look at all the avenues of approach, find one that will work and take it. If not, say your peace in a quick brief statement and be done. Sorry if I sound harsh, but They don't call me a blunt asshole for nothing I guess!

Bat

ExotiCAT
04-27-2010, 05:39 PM
:D
Say Bat, in reference to that last sentence: I don't believe I've ever heard of a sharp one, nor do I believe such is even possible - surely would be a most uncomfortable situation! Rotflmbo
Have an amazing day!

batdan13
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
True dat Exotic! Your tooooo funny... Youfunnycat!