PDA

View Full Version : Check this, Admin!!!

gclu
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Left By gclu - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 09:01 PM
My previous early prediction keeps coming true all the way till today: they will keep designing new stuffs to lure players pay for it. The money you spend today will never catch up with the items they keep designing only to keep ourselves capable of competing with other players. They have no sense of how game balance is so important for the survival of this game and they keep destroying it. So put it in another way, don't think about PvP any more, just enjoy fighting BOSS and collecting drops, then life is better.

Left By Stormms - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 09:00 PM
The problem with this game is that they will continue to come out with these items as long as people keep buying them. Welcome to capitalism.

Left By Ancient Doom - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 08:53 PM
Same here. I will respect your decision, but WE WILL ALL MISS YOU VERY MUCH.

Left By BatKol - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 08:45 PM
I hope u reconsider, Sykosis. :(

Left By Sykosis - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 08:34 PM
WTF? So we need to spend $120 to get one of those new cloaks? ***** this game - I am done with it. The developers clearly have no game sense and are purely interested in raping us for money.

Its been a blast while it lasted - met some really cool people.

But I'm done with this shit. This new cloak was the final draw. I'll be checking my account for a little while longer if folks want to shoot me a PM, but after a week or so I'm done. Back to reality.

If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'll invest in WoW or some other well developed game.

For those of you remaining - keep up the good fight!

Admin
05-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Hope Sykosis will change his mind and continue to play. The special item is there for those who want it. Those that don't can simply ignore it, of course, and continue playing as normal.

hano0k
05-08-2010, 09:06 PM
well.. sykosis does have some valid underlying points but the delivery's all wrong. I think many people would agree that royal creds should certainly be cheaper. not even a fs colossus botd or legendaries cost that much on games with much larger, loyal, more steadfast fanbases. on your side, you are correct; people will continue to contribute either money or just mass rcs in from facebook exploits, but more people would consider making some or more investments if the instant blowback wasn't as severe. you would most likely stand to gain more profit if you widen the window for affordability. we are your gaming community. as oxymoronic as bussiness ethics may sound, a community will display more appreciation and loyalty if they feel that the hierarchy is working with them, especially when it comes to money, especially in toughter times when everything costs twice as much. I hope this was constructive enough to make some sort of difference.

on a side note: honestly I've said before id put the money in if I could get a arch for less than 60 bucks. posted and timestamped in our guilds forum for your verifying pleasure.

Antilles
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Hope Sykosis will change his mind and continue to play. The special item is there for those who want it. Those that don't can simply ignore it, of course, and continue playing as normal.

Respectfully, the special item -is not- there for those who want it but for those who can only afford to -pay- for it.

Do the math. We'll all be in the Easy Oaks retirement home before we'll earn enough RC's through the daily search and levelling to 'purchase' it.

No, the only way to get it is to want it badly enough to Pay for it.

hano0k
05-09-2010, 08:11 AM
antilles makes another valid point that pretty much directly ties in with what I've said. theres plenty of us that want the godly equipment but few of us that can actually afford it. its not like if we put enough time into this game that were rewarded with godly drops like most other games. its simply either break the bank and buy it or don't and watch everyone that does rape everyone else around them. either start an account and work your ass off towards a goal that amounts to nothing more than mediocrity or buy a couple hundred dollars worth of items and instantly be great.
that's another reason why people are unhappy i'd wager, since usually the people that put the most time in should reap the greatest rewards. instead the people who benefit are whoever has the fattest wallet or who can exploit facebook/myspace the best. many a monarchy have been toppled by the overwhelming ratio of plebes to nobles over similar issues in world history. theres going to have to be compromise somewhere. id say either make rcs cheaper, add elite drops to higher level quests, have more contests with elite drops, or a combination of all previously stated. that would actually be fair.

ps. I do understand server and dev costs but its not like you guys are threading these cloaks or smelting these artifacts and charge out of the ass for labor. you make a picture and you turn around and sell copies of that picture with some stapled stats for hundreds of dollars profit. you stand to make more money in the long run if you can make it appealing to the middle class who both makes up the vast majority of your game's community and can't justify spending hundreds on pictures of items that they can't feed to their children or use to propel their vehicle.

hano0k
05-09-2010, 08:16 AM
and on another sidenote some of these pictures you didn't even originally make. they came from other more prominent images that you just edited for your convenience for the game. that in itself creates its own issues, but also reinforces the fact that labor can't be supported as prevalent when it comes to algadon.

Admin
05-09-2010, 10:42 AM
and on another sidenote some of these pictures you didn't even originally make. they came from other more prominent images that you just edited for your convenience for the game. that in itself creates its own issues, but also reinforces the fact that labor can't be supported as prevalent when it comes to algadon.

This is totally untrue. 99% of the images in the game were paid to be custom made only for this game, and the very few that were not were royalty free.

hano0k
05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
deflection is a lovely tool for the beauracracy. in this case, percentages are irrelevant if theres still some degree of truth to this statement, but that's beside the point I was trying to make. I was merely pre-stating that you wouldn't be able to claim labor as one of the reasons that everything's so hyper-inflated. when there are more people to demand supply from an infinite source, prices should certainly be lower. otherwise it just looks like you're trying to create a larger profit margin for yourselves. and don't get me wrong, that's the society that we live in and its by no means illegal, but it does make a difference to gain respect and loyalty from your community if you are in it for the long haul. I have a feeling this is some entrepreneurship major's project though so long term may not be your goal. but keep in mind facebook started out the same way and now those guys are probably billionaires or close to it.

crew013
05-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I think the idea of being able to give unneeded items to fellow clan members would be a good idea. I have and am on many other browser game where you can send items to others for their use. I hope that this may be a change to the game that will help better the game. And help bring in more players. Just a thought. Thank you for takeing the time to read this :o

ExotiCAT
05-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Crew013 has the most logical idea yet! Especially in the event where that skeleton key cost 1 billion gold, and one clansman gave a billion to Cats and I gave 2 billion myself. We could have just passed the key around to one another; way simpler.
This can easily become a true family affair where hand-me-downs become the show of family tradition as we "grow out" of some of our robes eventually as better ones come out representing our level growth.

batdan13
05-10-2010, 07:00 AM
I have been holding on to things just for that reason! Humm, maybe a compromise...

Belarion
05-10-2010, 07:58 AM
It goes without saying that the current way Rcs work is completely useless - as someone already stated, only those with the fattest vallet will give a damn as it is now, while all else will slowly become more bored with your game as, say, a person who has played for a few months gets out leveled by someone playing their first week.

I believe stuff like the pegasus wings and such should be more easily obtainable, say, you get one every few levels if you are lucky. Improving my character is what makes ME exited about this game - but for me it is only possible to do so either by waiting a few years for the daily search to work my Rcs high, or by the event quests. This way, only people who pay will stay attached to Algadon, which is a shame, really.

ExotiCAT
05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
And again...I've bought the shou coin for 2 clansmen who can't possibly have saved a billion gold as yet! They finally found the amulet of Ra and are enroute to show the king. But I digress. If I can use my fake gold for this why can't I hand them, say, maybe 180 RCs for a tad extra energy before the event closes? I may have 2130 energy but my 3rd highest clansister has only 350! Yes, I still have a few RCs left from the time I bought them (after paying ALL bills, of course), and those would benefit my friends at this time more than myself. I'm also making the journey a second time to the king because I dare not level up too quickly from this point on for reasons to complicated to state; but I won't need to buy extra energy for the venture - it will be complete before tonight.
Please DO consider allowing us to gift RC's we find as "extra" in our stash, at the very least to our own clan!

Ancient Doom
05-12-2010, 02:03 AM
WOW ExotiCAT! Great idea! That has come up in our clan too. I strongly agree with that! At least to clan members if not to all others...many in my clan have said they would love to be able to gift RC's and even energy to to other people. I have clanmates who have an energy regen rate of 150+energy/5minutes. They would love to be able to help people like me who either can't pay for energy enhancing items or low levels (also including me) who can't get energy enhancing items. Both gifting RC's and energy are strong ideas embedded in the minds of not only my clanmates, but other clans also. These are great ideas, and I hope we can look forward to seeing them in the near future of the game development.

Admin
05-12-2010, 07:06 PM
WOW ExotiCAT! Great idea! That has come up in our clan too. I strongly agree with that! At least to clan members if not to all others...many in my clan have said they would love to be able to gift RC's and even energy to to other people. I have clanmates who have an energy regen rate of 150+energy/5minutes. They would love to be able to help people like me who either can't pay for energy enhancing items or low levels (also including me) who can't get energy enhancing items. Both gifting RC's and energy are strong ideas embedded in the minds of not only my clanmates, but other clans also. These are great ideas, and I hope we can look forward to seeing them in the near future of the game development.

RCs won't happen because then people would create dummy accounts and transfer credits from them to a central account. However, we do have "energy boosts" on the list where a player would be able to receive one energy boost (or item) per day that would fully re-generate energy, perhaps a crystallized energy flower. It will likely be a bit off, but that functionality will most likely be coming.

hano0k
05-13-2010, 01:15 PM
admin, the problem lies in the imbalance of power between those that can pay/exploit putting very little time in and those that can't/don't putting too much time in. while it would be generous, 1 energy refill isn't going to solve that issue. now if we were given the choice between selling those refills (150-250 rcs if they will be flowers) and using them, that may help to bridge the gap. lower lvl peeps would benefit more from the rcs (would also make elites more realistically accessibly to the savvy saver) and the higher lvl peeps would ultimately gain more value from using the item for the energy refill, since they inevitably will have more energy perks from the higher lvl bosses. what you're saying is on the right track admin, it just needs to be observed realistically.

Belarion
05-14-2010, 05:40 AM
RCs won't happen because then people would create dummy accounts and transfer credits from them to a central account. However, we do have "energy boosts" on the list where a player would be able to receive one energy boost (or item) per day that would fully re-generate energy, perhaps a crystallized energy flower. It will likely be a bit off, but that functionality will most likely be coming.

This is not a problem, and you should know this. Add a level difference restriction, for instance making it impossible for a player of higher level to receive such donations from lower levels, but the higher levels can donate to the lower levels. Ofcourse there'd need to be some more restriction on it, for instance make it impossible to either receive or donate at lower than 50th level.
Like this, it should work very well and you should really consider it, as it would add a whole new layer of generosity to the game, and so more interest.

hano0k
05-14-2010, 06:02 AM
or here's another idea: make some or all of the higher level (quest/boss) legendaries that we -earn- sellable for rcs and put a realistic max on the uber elite items. that way those that have put enough time in to get there don't have to rely on spending money to get ubers where they've spent so much time and then also the newbies that have money and don't want to wait can still be allowed to buy str if they want to. balance and accessibility is the name of the game. and theres really no good reason why we shouldn't be able to sell back a lot more legendaries than we can now. especially if we put in the time to earn them.

Bach
05-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Well I do buy RC items but I don't really mess with the population of players who don't. I only really attack or get attacked by other item buyers, so in my case I don't really affect the game.

I'm one of those number whores who likes to really beat the hell out of games. To me, its a fun game I can use on my phone when I have down time during a stressful game. The only advantage a payer has that affects normal game play is the 25 dollar premium. 2.2% interest in the bank, slightly better classes and better drops.

That payment should be made by all players I'd say, because if Admin didn't make money, there would be no Algadon. Its all about survival. I don't mind buying a few things because it makes ME happy, and I don't use that leverage against other players. These are just my thoughts, and the players who I am friends with that buy have the same mentality. Just my 2 cents.

Ois
05-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Some random brain blah (personal subjective opinions, yadda-yadda-yadda ;})

There's really two main competitive groups, those with a lot of free cash to upgrade themselves, and those with little (or none) that can't. It probably depends on which is the higher earner, but nerfing/limiting players who pay a lot is probably not a good idea.

Reducing RC cost, making items cheaper, tradable RCs and the like will still be available to high level players, so no advantage is really gained. The two should not really expect to be able to compete with each other the way it currently works, non paying people (like myself) and those that do pay are on a different level and play style. You're always going to have peeps that try and wreck it for everyone, but as long as they play by the rules, go ahead. Simply spending time, I would expect things to go slowly, though I've found the gains this way quite decent.

Personally: You don't need to have everything, and shouldn't expect to.

I know some PBBGs and MMOs go the way of making advantages minor or cosmetic. Such as the current premium option increases per 5min. Or allowing a little more player customisation for a small fee, rather/in-place-of than having to shell out for a lot of loot.

chris123
07-01-2010, 02:53 AM
hi
i am chris and i am a big fan of this site. i like this type information and i have ever never seen such type of data at other pklaces like it. i would like to especially appreciate you all peopl on this attempt.

ExotiCAT
07-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I am making a second account (now with all the time on my hands waiting to complete the 800 quest then the consequent boss run/quests the luck cloak will benefit), which I will premium (personal reasons not having much to do with drops) but not buy any items for unless through saved RCs.
Hopefully, I'll be able to test out most of the above theories and ideas, as well as not making the same few errors I did in this account. Somewhere along the way, I'll post what I discovered as an "unbought" player :)

fireurza
09-15-2010, 03:47 AM
This is totally untrue. 99% of the images in the game were paid to be custom made only for this game, and the very few that were not were royalty free.

thats not entirely true now is it... you got something called a magic keyblade... ummm square-enix owns the trademark to that and they do not allow the usage of their trademarks at all. so that would be one example of a stolen/edit picture but the name is still in violation

Admin
09-15-2010, 06:59 AM
thats not entirely true now is it... you got something called a magic keyblade... ummm square-enix owns the trademark to that and they do not allow the usage of their trademarks at all. so that would be one example of a stolen/edit picture but the name is still in violation

Yes, it is entirely true. The keyblade image is not stolen or edited whatsoever. It is a completely unique image. As for the "keyblade" term, I have no knowledge of it being trademarked, and I see it used widely on the Internet after just now doing a quick search. This will be looked into, though.

fireurza
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
you see it widely used because it is a term from a very popular video game called kingdom hearts. copy and paste from a SE email.
All content of our games is copyright SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. We regret to inform you that we do not grant permission to individuals to use any copyrighted content. Because we receive numerous requests, our policy is to decline any use of our copyrights. We currently are not granting permission to any one except our own business partners.

The Private Policy of SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd./SQUARE ENIX Inc. stating the use of materials, is as follows:

All game materials, including, but not limited to, their design, text, graphics, screen shots, files are copyrighted by SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Any other use of materials of our games -- including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than that noted above, modification, distribution, or republication -- without the prior written permission of SQUARE ENIX is strictly prohibited. No materials of our games may be used on any other product, published, or otherwise performed in public.