PDA

View Full Version : Special Event Quest

vlad666
06-12-2010, 08:40 PM
What sense is there to make a supposedly level one quest that requires you complete a level 75 quest to receive the needed item for the level one quest? Over 90% of the players have no chance at this quest???:mad: This online version seems biased against new players...which explains why over 95 % of the players are just level 1 and then quit.

Admin
06-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Early on, levels go very quickly with the web version. Special events are available for a week. Unless you're not active and level 1, most players can achieve this goal if they have not already and it is therefore not an issue. If you're not active, that's a different story and indeed the quest may not be available.

vlad666
06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Look at how many of your users are below level 75....over 90%. Why are there so many level 1's? Because people see that as a new player they have no chance in this version, and move on to other games where they at least have a chance. The rich get richer and the newbies get put further and further behind.:(:(:(:(

kevbo
06-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Im a higher level player. Got 15 of them first day.

I can also see exactly where vlad is coming from. Do you really expect a new player to hit level 75, get the book at a random drop rate, AND get the quest item? It is a little skewed, and at least maybe not put the quest at level one to show the players what theyre missing.

Admin
06-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't believe that is the reason for the number of level 1 players, actually. Also, I'm not sure on your reasoning behind players not being able to succeed in the web version. It's like most any game in this respect. The more time you put in, the more successful you are. Like other games, players that support the game have advantages. Even non-premium players can be successful with enough time put in (there are some users that are a testament of this), though premium helps a lot. Give it a try...as mentioned, if you put in the time, you can easily get to level 75 from your current level before the event ends.

fireurza
06-12-2010, 09:45 PM
what about those players like me who are near 75 but wont be able to finish the quest til at least lvl 90 due to the fact they barely lvled defense so that they can farm bosses early on if you are wondering what character i am look up akurth2003. i have over 100 strength and only like 23 defense... y not put no strength or defense requirement just a flat level requirement for the item.

vlad666
06-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't know what math you use...but some of us actually have jobs...so by logging on in the morning before work and at night...I'm lucky to advance 2 levels a day. Even if I was here 24 hours a day I couldn't earn enough energy at my level to advance to 75 in a weeks time.

PrinCyz
06-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Even though I am a a high ranked player, I truly have to sympathize with the newbies. At least drop the "Book of Vales" to a lower ranked quest around level 25 or something so these new players can achieve a "Win". This is what keeps them coming back. Trust me these newbies NEED all the help they can get.

Having that quest at 25 is out of range for most newbies that are on the cusp of continuing to play the game or quitting... please be kind and think of this.

I don't want to be ungrateful for the cool special quest, but think about your newbie players.

vlad666
06-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Less than 400 players are level 75 needed to complete the quest needed to earn the magic book, and even less have a defense of 73 that is needed to complete that quest. So less than 400 players out of your supposedly 13400 players even have a chance at this special quest. I'm a level 22 and have no chance because even playing 6 days of 24 hours straight could I even reach level 75 because the energy doesn't regenerate fast enough.

vlad666
06-13-2010, 01:53 AM
It's also common sense to see where something is severely biased towards premium players. And it is insulting to list something as a level 1 quest when actually you need to be at least level 75 to own the requirements. Algadon is actively trying to recruit new members through other games and even myspace, but by the way they run things here most who try this version leave in less than a week. Over half leave after one day. If they want to just be a premium game then fine, because they have shown me no reason for me to ever become a premium member. But if they want new members they need to do something to entice and encourage new members, not discourage them like they did with this special quest that over 13000 of their supposed members have no chance to reap the rewards from.

fireurza
06-13-2010, 03:50 AM
not to mention ive put 3k energy into that quest and no book

fireurza
06-13-2010, 03:52 AM
vlad over 90% of those non 75s are people that registered due to referals or are/were alts of bigger players

Admin
06-13-2010, 08:22 AM
The issue is this.... We cannot make every single special event item located in the first 10 level quests. What would be the point? It would be far too easy to locate the item. We do sometimes make it in one of the first ones, and we never make it in one of the really high ones. This should be an incentive to be as active as possible and work to further your level. Good luck!

Boomstick
06-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Early on, levels go very quickly with the web version. Special events are available for a week. Unless you're not active and level 1, most players can achieve this goal if they have not already and it is therefore not an issue. If you're not active, that's a different story and indeed the quest may not be available.

Hmmm..."Early on, levels go very quickly". When was the last time you were a noob player? :confused: Like Vlad I work and log on am & pm. I get in some Player Attacks to get Def pts & Gold and do some Quests to get Objects & Attk pts. For now I am content to do that as I am hoping for a better experience as I attain more levels. But I must agree with Vlad that it does take awhile to level up as Energy does not refresh quickly. As a noob I understand you must pay your dues but there is a valid point that Vlad makes as to the bias and that point is sharpened by the fact of all the Lvl one quitters. :cool:

Perhaps instead of coming off as flippant :eek:, the Admin could be more sympathetic to Noobs and take player advice and state that they will use it to make the game better and then actually do so. Simple rule about a customer's bad experience (and please don't kid yourself, all your players are your 'customers') is that one bad experience will lead to them telling 5 of said experience. In adding up all the LEVEL ONE QUITTERS, I'd say you'd have some thinking to do. ;)

As for some ideas as to make it more entertaining and enticing for newer players it's quite easy....bait. Throw us some Special Tasks / Special Items / Special Drops. These things keep us coming back. I wanna be driving home from work thinking "Can't wait to log in and see what's new." You're not giving that right now. Honestly your game is an after thought to 4 or 5 others I play. You've got your Premium & High Level players locked. They've got Clan Wars to keep them occupied. Now how about growing your noobs.

Here's an idea, tweak the shops with more items for lower level players. I love the Level One Quitters as I get some great Gold from them. Wish I could use that for more Specialty Items. But alas my Gold sits in the Bank earning 1.1%

Just my opinion,

Boomer

vlad666
06-13-2010, 01:07 PM
In the future...I would suggest labelling the special requests what they actually are, rather than saying the requirement is only level 1, when actually you need to be at least level 75, with a defense of level 73, because that is what is needed to earn the other required item, the magic book. So you will be running contest bosses this week for all of us who can't earn the requirements for the special quest. A contest boss who is paying off less gold and energy than a normal boss, or even a regular contest boss. And as far as drops, I have burned through over 1000 energy and have received no drops? So for the next week I can continue to waste my time and energy and actually fall further behind because the payouts are less and the drop odds seem to be drastically lower? Gee thanks. As Boomer said above, this falls under poor customer service, and each of us who feel abused will tell others, so rather than adding people, we will be discouraging others from joining this site.:mad:

kevbo
06-13-2010, 05:48 PM
I like the contest boss idea. Only one suggestion, maybe a level cap of 100. My side char is around 150 and can still hit it. Just a suggestion though. :) *thumbs up*

Admin
06-13-2010, 05:52 PM
It is limited to level 200 (since we do not currently have the feature to limit by str or def).

vlad666
06-13-2010, 08:14 PM
INSANITY: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Have spent over 2000 energy points today attacking the special boss with no drops...so 0 for over 660 hits? Hmmmmmmm. Let's say there is one winner an hour for the next 6 days...equalling 144 winners who will have the means to even try the special quest. As compared to the 400 who can do the level 75 quest to earn the magic book. Yes, you added something make up for the fact you were shorting all the players under level 75 with your special quest. But those below level 75 are still being shorted. By spending my energy on this special boss I am passing on other quests and bosses where my odds are greater for more gold and experience and drops, in the hope to be one of the lucky 144. This seems about as fair as the Sky Palace fiasco on the MySpace version two weeks ago. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Having to do the same thing over and over again hundreds or thousands of times with little hope of any pay off is not what I would call enjoyable.:(:mad::(:mad:

Admin
06-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Just to clarify, contest bosses are not suppose to drop anything unless you get the kill.

fireurza
06-13-2010, 09:03 PM
which is way too hard for me... to much energy to kill the things

vlad666
06-13-2010, 09:54 PM
So your solution to offering a special quest that most of your members can not complete is to offer a contest boss that requires even more more energy and time, with even a less chance of winning and earning the rewards? Once again you show how skewered this game is towards premium players and how out of touch you are with new members.:(

fireurza
06-14-2010, 04:14 PM
this quest is an even worse energy hog than the 0-100% quests ><