PDA

View Full Version : Boutny abuse

malakai
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
SOme excessive bountys were placed on july 1 by a low level account with acess to at least 20 million in gold. This seems pretty messed up. I have posted this here and sent it to a number of members in hope that this kind of ridiculous behavior will not ruin the experience of playing algadon for anyone.

Regarding swordslasher and the extraneous bountys; Perhaps we could gather a petition to admin to address this type of behavior vis a vis game mechanics. A limit on the number of bounties per day or hour may help. Also a level based maximum bounty (in addition to the minimum standard already in place of 1000 gold per level) may do much to prevent the use of bounties to shift large sums to low level shill accounts which can then be used to anonymously harrass other players. I would also like to add that the use of an account to do this violates the spirit, if not the letter of the game rules which hold that multiple accounts are ok, as long as they are used to play the game. (since the swordslasher account was clearly established for the purpose of harrassment.
I am posting on our clan page, the forums and forwarding this message to the leaders of all major clans.
Thank you for your attenhtion, and any feedback is welcome.
Robert aka Malakai

malakai
07-02-2010, 05:12 PM
thank you to everyone who got back to me on this. A quick summary follows.

some veteran players have the opinion that this stuff happens from time to time, and it will go away soon.

some few would like to keep things the way they are, and point out that the bounty system has already undergone reform before.

many newer players agree that it may be good to limit bountys in some way, in order to prevent the very "trollish" kind of use that happened on july1.

As always fresh comments and opiions are welcome!

Belarion
07-04-2010, 09:16 AM
This kind of behaviour has indeed happened many times before. ESH, Jihad, even Lord Quicksilver, and a few others. It would be good if it was limited, but i fear it is impossible to stop.