PDA

View Full Version : Purchase doesn't get completed

rabidmarmot
08-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I purchased the Golden Shield of Truth but when I click on "purchase this item" I get a message that I don't have enough gold. I had over 500,000 gold available for purchases and the 400,000 was taken away but no shield. I did this twice thinking I had withdrawn the wrong amount so I'm actually out 800,000.

Admin
08-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Be sure that you're looking in the armor section of your items list. It is not possible for it to take your gold and not give the item because it gives the item before the gold is taken (after verifying the gold is available beforehand), and there are no checks for the possibility of issues after that.

rabidmarmot
08-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Well, it did. This was during the upgrade so I don't know if that had something to do with it.

Admin
08-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Ah, that could be it. I'll follow up with you via private message.

tomb
09-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Not sure about OP but when doing anything around the 5 min update time things can get screwy. I've eaten food, healed, etc. And have had it not register. 2nd account Rok used 2 Energy potions and had them get wasted once. Not really concerned with that. Just wanted to point it out so you can check into it.

Admin
09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Not sure about OP but when doing anything around the 5 min update time things can get screwy. I've eaten food, healed, etc. And have had it not register. 2nd account Rok used 2 Energy potions and had them get wasted once. Not really concerned with that. Just wanted to point it out so you can check into it.

Thanks for bringing this up. It lead to the realization of what might have been the cause for several issues that never could be reproduced. See if you can reproduce any issue at all now related to this. If you can, please either post it here or send via private message. If you do have something to report, please take note of the exact time it occurred.

tomb
09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks for bringing this up. It lead to the realization of what might have been the cause for several issues that never could be reproduced. See if you can reproduce any issue at all now related to this. If you can, please either post it here or send via private message. If you do have something to report, please take note of the exact time it occurred.

Just now I was on the Attack page for the Banshee, hit the hitpoints link to heal to full health. Which it did - then hit the back button on the browser to go back to attacking the banshee and it killed me. I believe when I healed it said Refill In: 15s. After hitting back on the browser to attack and I died it says Refill In: 4m 54s.

Admin
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Is it possible that you didn't have enough money out to heal or that you were trying to heal again too quickly? I suspect that one of those was the case, and you didn't notice the message result, assuming you had been healed.

anon
10-08-2009, 06:13 AM
Just experienced an issue!!!

I was attacking the Savage Amazon

The time is exactly 4m 0s

It was the last attack on her before I kill her
She only had a couple hundred (about 269) points left

Well, it did NOT kill her but rather instead totally skipped over it and just rejuvenated her HP back up to 190,000
So now I'm out a ton(400) of energy trying to kill her! ***sigh***

tomb above is a premium account as well as I am, so this may be premium account related and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Admin
10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
The rare possibility for an issue similar to this was being worked on at the time this occurred, which is the reason it transpired. The original issue being worked on has now been resolved, and this also should not occur further.

anon
10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, for something that is supposedly so 'rare' it's still happening. It has happened a total of 8 more times since my post just a few days back, including right now, bring it to a grand total of 9 times!

So it's safe to say it's not fixed and continues.... Will this ever get fixed or is it goign to remain a problem?

Admin
10-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Thank you for the continued report. Please try to reproduce it now, and update here if it reoccurs.

Seapig
10-20-2009, 06:12 PM
It's "easy" enough to reproduce.

1. Be at less than full health with plenty of gold.
2. Click the hit points link to restore hp just as the 5 minute timer expires
3. Wait a few seconds and go to "Profile"
4. Update (F5) every now and then for about 30-40 seconds.

I've hit this multiple times where I saw it report all hit points restored, and then bounce back to attacking a boss and find only the 5 minute increment HP adder was applied.

I've also had both purchases and energy restoration thru a potion fail out this way.

[As a former realtime software engineer, this would appear to be non-interlocked access to a data structure by multiple threads of execution. Each thread updates a a value and the last thread doing the "store" wins.]

Admin
10-20-2009, 06:15 PM
You can still get this to occur now? I believe the final aspect of this was resolved a couple days ago.

Seapig
10-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I think I saw the HP problem yesterday or this morning (before the hyper energy restore was turned off), but I could be wrong.

I'll update this thread if I see it again.

Admin
10-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Great; thank you.

Seapig
10-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Just saw a similar problem with energy...

1. I was sitting at 7 energy with the refill clock at 4:57.
2. Clicked "attack again"
3. Energy ended up at 15 instead of 12

Admin
10-21-2009, 07:04 AM
We do know about that possibility. There's also a possibility that you'll get one tick over your max HP if you heal at just the right second (until the next tick). Both are rare, but we are allowing this to happen for now as it is a better solution than HP or energy being reverted.

PrinCyz
10-25-2009, 01:54 AM
So I noticed this area is still an issue. I purchased several energy potions. I then went to the Items and indicated to "USE THEM". My Energy stood at "180" (3 energy potions). I then clicked on the items to go to Food and regnerate HP. That took about a minute.. but long enough hit the 5 minute recycle mark. My 180 energy points were lost and I was back down to my 8 mark for energy. Sigh lost those points. I am sure ya'll are looking into this... any help would be appreciated.

Admin
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
We're working to track the issue. We send the energy potions to you in the meantime.

anon
10-28-2009, 04:28 AM
Well, since my last post (http://www.algadon.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71&postcount=11) regarding this issue everything has been fine.

Now almost two weeks later and we are back at square one, with this happening multiple times.
I've now lost out on 3 kills and in consecutive sessions. That is unacceptable.

I have also experienced my hitpoints going 10 OVER what I can actually hold; another bug.

anon
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
This issue still exists. It has happened at least a dozen times today alone and has gotten progressively worse!

Admin
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Please provide info on the item you purchased and the time it was done.

anon
01-05-2010, 08:02 PM
It wasn't on a purchased item, they have all been on bosses killed.

Nobody can attack the bosses i do as they are either too high a level or too low a level, so it' not kill steals.

sometimes i get a pause while playing and then when itcomes back too, poof it's reset to full health without me ever killing the boss

anon
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Also, the maximum overage on HP still exists, whereas say my max is 200, it goes up to 220.

Admin
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Does it do that for you only briefly, and then adjust correctly? ...or does it stay that way? If it stays that way, what is actually causing the overage? Is it eating/drinking or regeneration?

anon
01-07-2010, 11:47 PM
the overage appears to happen periodically, but when it does it, it's after I have let my energy max out and sign on the next day. It never happens from eating anything.