PDA

View Full Version : the major revamp

a pinnapple
07-19-2010, 10:54 PM
who likes it who doesnt? not sure how to put in a poll but i think one should get started.

also this thread will be a good place to list some annomilies such as stats different or things missing

my own oppinion on the changes is that they are a bit odd to get used to but seem more efficient and game speed is very good, overall thumbs up on it so far

Ois
07-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Only using the non-mobile version here on my desktop PC. Took a few minutes to figure out where everything went, but I have no major issues with it. Certainly looks much nicer without being too cluttered.

I do find it far slower on the PCs at work now (even though I should be working, not playing games), but it is faster on my home PC. Will test some settings there and try find out what is causing it.

The only two things that get to me are

1) In the stat block, If a piece of info is selectable, so should the amount. eg: Clicking on 'Gold' will bank the gold, but $X amount of gold will not.
2) Also in the stat block, clicking on the Class picture will take you to the class page. I keep expecting it to take me to the user's page, but that only works on the character_name text below it.

There's also the dual use of Class and Race to mean the same thing, which feels inconsistent.

Not sure if these were present on the old site version, but I only noticed them today.

Also, Quest: Repair the Oransted Watermill
Is set as 'Completed', where previously you could continue to 'quest it'. Is this the case for others?

DoomAx
07-20-2010, 04:22 AM
i noticed the -200 equip defense is missing on the egyptian cursed sword in the legendary items shop. And it's way too little on the phone, okay i have some new glasses, but it's not a reason :cool:

jennywhy67
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I like the upgrade over all. Of course there are a few minor issues that need working out.

Font is very small on mobile app **if logged in using phones browser i can ZOOM (moto droid)**
I would like to be able to see who posted a bounty. on mobile you cant find out at all
and the profile button is gone.

I absolutely LOVE the new battle system but several times got the "attack page load error" notification and missed out on a boss kill

jennywhy67
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
also the Other Clans page looks jumbled hard to read. needs more spacing

batdan13
07-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Any issue you come across if you can send them to the contact us it would be greatly appreciated. We will try to address the ones that are play related first and cosmetic second. Thanks for the positive comments as well as the constructive criticism.

DoomAx
07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
My progress through lvl 600 quest reinitialised to 0.

Ois
07-22-2010, 04:21 AM
To whom (Admin?) ever made the two changes to what I mentioned above. Thankyou! That helps quite a bit getting around.

batdan13
07-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Yes admin or you can pm me and I'll ensure that they get them..

ExotiCAT
07-27-2010, 09:32 PM
My Lady Legion account is having the most trouble killing siafu now. The attack button continues to revert me to the train strength/defense page. And while my phone is still rather quick on the higher bosses, the problem with being booted back a page in the lower is a missed kill if one doesn't think fast.

back2eight
07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I posted this in another thread but also have been PMing admin with no response.

The clan war is screwed up. We tried a war and there were no values given for kills, and it wouldn't let us attack people outside of our level range. The war ended with neither side scoring any points because of the glitch, yet it listed us as the losers. Please fix this as we would like to go to war again, and please remove the loss that it gave us.

I also don't like the way the bounties look now. It lists only the name of the person and the bounty award, but doesn't show their level, their clan, or who placed the bounty. It makes it much harder to determine if this is a person I want to claim the bounty on or not because I have to make several clicks to find out their level and their clan.

batdan13
07-31-2010, 07:28 AM
if you click the little plus beside their name a drop down happens that lists all that info. The plus becomes a negative as well. Click the negative it becomes the plus again and it all goes away. As far as the clan war, has it been corrected yet? PM me.

Ois
08-16-2010, 06:15 AM
We appear to of lost a few changes in a recent update from yesterday (?). Specifically, the changes that were made to the status block.

Nice to see the legendary store split up however, makes it far easier to navigate!

Admin
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
We appear to of lost a few changes in a recent update from yesterday (?). Specifically, the changes that were made to the status block.

Which changes are you referring to specifically?

Thanks much for your feedback. Glad to hear you like the changes. :)

Ois
08-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Which changes are you referring to specifically?

Thanks much for your feedback. Glad to hear you like the changes. :)

Glad to see it continue to improve, getting pretty slick nowadays :)

----

Two suggestions I made on 20/7 were implemented around 22/7 (again, thanks for doing that!). Both of these are the web, non mobile version.

1) Clicking on the character race/class portrait now takes you to the race/class page details again. Rather the Player Bio/Info page. This was handy as it's not that intuitive that the name below the portrait is what you need to use.

2) The second was related to how pieces of info link. For example, with gold: Clicking on "Gold" will auto-deposit and take you to the bank screen. Clicking on the amount will not.
Although it is all now consistent, as in the first stages of the revamp it was either the name or the value. Having the whole line as a link made it easier to hit it.

I know they're both fairly minor, but they did really help me get around the site.

Ois
08-17-2010, 08:44 AM
It's changed already! :) You're working fast today!

Admin
08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
:) Enjoy playing as always.