PDA

View Full Version : Ridicules...

Lord QuickSilver
11-09-2010, 08:06 PM
That's bullshit!! Changing the potion price and the Cflower price...upping and creating ridicules cloaks for more and more money...totally messed up Halloween "special" quest...etc...etc... This is like the time Chris found out that the BD was dropping wings, as it does, and tried to change it. The players rose up and called Chris on his Bullshit...the dragon stayed almost as it had been, and is now. I call BS and it should be reverted or better... Ridicules I say...

batdan13
11-10-2010, 07:47 AM
If your gonna do this to the flowers then your gonna have to do it to all the bosses cause people are taking advantage of them and get thousands of legandary items! Whats the difference? Finally those of us that have the ability to do the 1100 and get somewhat even with the ones that have gotten thousands of those items that we weren't smart enough to farm for and it is ripped out from under us, AGAIN! Yes LQ,I'm gonna have to agree. But I guess my little money isn't enough to have anyone notice, until it's gone completly and the next one's gone and the next cause there are a bunch of us that are getting tired of the "special" cloaks that allow a 150 level player tp beat a level 2300player or a halloween quest, that o-by-the-way takes a crap load of energy, but hey for 5500 rcs there just happens to be a "special" cloak that gives extra energy and some kickbutt damage. DId I mention just about anyone can have it...hummmmm.. Bat's out. Trick me once, shame on me, trick me twice, three, four times shame on me.

Lord QuickSilver
11-10-2010, 10:26 AM
when is this favoritism and crap going to stop. I never post in here unless extremely displeased. Well, I am more then extremely displeased, I'm pissed. Chris you always go around f'n things up for players. You don't make it better, you don't increase the game or add any elements that would make it funner...you just rape us ever time we figure something out. All the 1000's of RC's that others have gotten from here should be available to all of us, not just your lil favorites. Suck it up, bring back the exchange rate to the same or better...stop being an Ass!

Admin
11-10-2010, 10:31 AM
There is no favoritism. The adjustment was to prevent the game from being ruined by what was developing and would only get worse. It did not have anything to do with specific players.

ExotiCAT
11-10-2010, 11:57 AM
There are some people who would have never been able to buy any cloak beyond the Energy if not for the resale of those flowers. If some folks were causing a problematic situation, why not punish the wrongdoers instead of the entire site?
I mean, what other thing could have been developing that would ruin the game, if not player related? Surely the resale value of a potion could have nothing to do with connectivity!

Seapig
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
There is no favoritism. The adjustment was to prevent the game from being ruined by what was developing and would only get worse. It did not have anything to do with specific players.

I call BS! Implementing the Luck Cloak, Wrath Cloak, and all the other crap that you've put in has ruined the game.
I have another adjustment or two that would return the game from it's current "ruined" state.

1. Limit any item that has a defense or strength > 100 to 1 per player. Remove any excess already in play.

2. No unlimited items at all. No more than 5 or 10 each. Remove any excess already in play.

3. Max HP = 2 or 3 times player level.

4. RC lottery max of 100RC per day per player

This would make a few people quit. Who cares? They aren't spending any money anyway.

Admin
11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
This is exactly what I wanted to do regarding the unlimited items once the issue was revealed, but it was too late....and it cannot be done now because many people supported the game specifically with the idea in mind for farming the items.

Seapig
11-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Again, BS! If you want to re-write history, you can try. There are enough of us here that remember when the Wrath Cloak came out and your response was basically that if you have money, you can buy what you want. When we complained that it unbalanced the game, we were ignored.

Unlimited items and outrageously powerful items are the CAUSE of the unbalance; farming for them or RC's to buy them are the EFFECT. Now you want to ban the effect without removing the cause.

It can be done now. Unlimited drops can be confiscated. Give out Crystal Flowers to compensate for the time. Return the RC's for the purchased items.

The alternative that you've taken so far is to REWARD the people who took advantage of farming, and dissuade every one else from playing the game.

Admin
11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Of course people could buy the Wrath Cloaks. I was commenting on the unlimited items and the reason the Wrath Cloaks were made as powerful as they were (and a couple other ones too).

anon
11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Of course people could buy the Wrath Cloaks. I was commenting on the unlimited items and the reason the Wrath Cloaks were made as powerful as they were (and a couple other ones too).

What I see wrong is that the higher end players who have jacked energy have taken advantage of this is for months on end.

Fast foreword to today:

1. Said players have gained not only the months in advance, but also potions at the resell price of 18 per sale
2. Said players STILL have the ability to maintain their several month advantage
3. The biggest peeve I have had with this thus far, is that you knew about it, and since it is now out of the bag, you do not plan on capping it, giving those players an unheard of advantage.

And to correct any misconception and rumors anyone may have heard of, *I* was the one who brought this to Chris's attention. So anyone blaming anyone else is full of poop.

Now, with that being said, you have the capability already scripted into the game engine to rectify this and do it with ease and promptly.

Those with the mega energy are players above the level 3,000 mark.
To correct/right this wrong, capping out those who are level 3,000 and above would be justified.

So instead of listening to ONE clan of known cheaters and bots users, try opening up your eyes(no pun intended Chris, you know what I mean) and hear what the majority is speaking of.

Admin
11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Just to clarify, no one is listening to only one clan. This has been thoroughly considered. Initially, disabling the sell of potions all together was the plan, which would indeed be the best solution long-term with how much energy players have "these days". However, a compromise was made to still allow them for sale at 50%.

PS - if it were to have been level limited, it would be limited to 2000 rather than 3000 anyway. However, it is not the direction that has been chosen for this.

anon
11-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Just to clarify, no one is listening to only one clan. This has been thoroughly considered. Initially, disabling the sell of potions all together was the plan, which would indeed be the best solution long-term with how much energy players have "these days". However, a compromise was made to still allow them for sale at 50%.

PS - if it were to have been level limited, it would be limited to 2000 rather than 3000 anyway. However, it is not the direction that has been chosen for this.

So in essence what you are saying is:

1. You knowingly approved of and allowed this to go on for months on end.
2. You have given all of the higher end players an extreme ADVANTAGE
3. You are going to continue giving them this advantage
4. You have halfed the price of the disadvantaged players that the advantaged players had for months.

How anyone would not call this favoritism is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Chris, if I had not brought this to your attention the other day, exactly how long would this have gone on for?

C'mon dude, don't insult the intelligence of the players that play your game.

note* - With the extreme advantage gained by this exploit, there is absolutely NO WAY for existing players to be able to catch up. It's a mathematical FACT.

Admin
11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
No, we did not knowingly allow it to go on for months. As I have already stated to you outside of the forum (which begs the question why you keep stating the same thing when it has already been addressed), we did not realize how bad it was until recently, at which point it was changed.

anon
11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
No, we did not knowingly allow it to go on for months. As I have already stated to you outside of the forum (which begs the question why you keep stating the same thing when it has already been addressed), we did not realize how bad it was until recently, at which point it was changed.

When I found an exploit, I reported it to you. It was a legitimate play though. How is this any different than that? I mean I could have exploited to my hearts content and never said anything to you and the return on Royal Credits would have put this whole issue to shame, and you know that.

Do you remember your exact words to me if you had logging enabled and would have found anyone doing it?

Same principles apply here. But you seem to want to overlook this for reasons that appear to be unexplainable.

But to move on from that point; You claim to have made a compromise.

Who exactly did you make a compromise for? If I did the mission now, I wold only be getting 9 RC's on the resell. That leaves me at a disadvantage, because the others have exploited this and were receiving 18 RC's per resell.

So when you say you made a compromise, what you are really saying is your buddies got caught, and now you had to fix it, but will still allow them to continue to use the methodology, but only at half price now, since they already had their fair share of an extremely huge advantage.

This whole fiasco wreaks of collusion Chris.

The funniest thing is you have the ability built into the script and are refusing to use it.

Then you state that it would be a cap of 2,000. Well, it takes a whole hell of a lot of str and/or def to level up when you hit level 2,000 for that is the quadrupling point of leveling. These players were once level 2,000 too while doing this, and had a full 1,000 levels and with some, almost double that of 2,000 levels (almost level 4,000) to keep using this exploit.

The bottom line is cloaks will sell. Money will be made regardless. This just appears to be an issue with your game playing buddies who have told you to let them keep their advantage, well, because they are your e-bud-e's

Admin
11-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Again, you keep saying that. No one is being given any special consideration as "buddies".

anon
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Again, you keep saying that. No one is being given any special consideration as "buddies".

And you keep failing to comprehend the extreme disadvantage you have bestowed on EVERYONE who was NOT abusing this.

You '*think* you have made a compromise', but you have in fact disabled everyone BUT those who use it.

You also failed to answer a question I had asked regarding whether you would have ever of done anything about it had I not notified you.

Admin
11-12-2010, 08:16 PM
It was known to be done before anyone said something about it. What was not realized is how many potions players were able to obtain on a daily basis.

anon
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
It was known to be done before anyone said something about it. What was not realized is how many potions players were able to obtain on a daily basis.

OK, and so if I had never of informed you of that other exploit, and I would have been acquiring miscellaneous items like grails, arks, wings, crystal flowers and literally, just from one alone3,500 Royals Credits (with the ability to obtain over 10,000 Royals Credits daily) It would have been OK, because it was doable and without manipulation, and not many were doing it?

Why did you get on that to disable it immediately then? This is the same principal.

You are showing extreme bias and collusive behavior here.

Admin
11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Anon, your constant conspiracy theory stance is becoming too much. It certainly was not "collusive", and it was not one single clan that was using this method. Many people were doing it (obviously with how much correspondence we have received regarding the issue). Also, no one was getting 10,000 RCs per day. We're certainly not saying that it was not bad, which is why immediate action was taken, but it was not that bad.

Best case would have been that they were never allowed to be sold for credits. However, the ship has sailed on that, of course.

anon
11-12-2010, 08:38 PM
You yet still failed to answer a simple question.

I know you just want to sit back in your chair and rake in money. I understand the game wasn't set in place to not do that, however, occasionally instances will arise that need to be addressed because it has unbalanced the game in its entirety of fairness. That is when you, as the owner really need to step up and put things back in balance and alleviate that balance back to a healthy stance. You just seem to really not care at this point, and are refusing to even listen to what people have to say and take it into consideration.

You've given a handful of players a distinct advantage over everyone else, and even if that includes any nomads, it's all the same.

Antilles
11-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Anon, your constant conspiracy theory stance is becoming too much. It certainly was not "collusive", and it was not one single clan that was using this method. Many people were doing it (obviously with how much correspondence we have received regarding the issue). Also, no one was getting 10,000 RCs per day. We're certainly not saying that it was not bad, which is why immediate action was taken, but it was not that bad.

Best case would have been that they were never allowed to be sold for credits. However, the ship has sailed on that, of course.

So months ago you *did not* give players in WoD administrative responsibilities in the game?

So HellHound/Basher *is not really* chat coordinator?

So game player/administrators *do not really* have a vested interest in the outcome of the game?

So you *did not know* that the WoD clan and alts spread the word about the 1100 loophole? Where have *you* been? Who has been administering the game in your absence? Rok/Tomb? The cheater you forgave and allowed back into the game?

I like Seapig's suggestions on repairs to your client relations.

Why do *you think* have an F rating with the North Carolina Better Business Bureau for lack of responsiveness and failure to submit information?

Take a guess !

Admin
11-12-2010, 08:55 PM
So months ago you *did not* give players in WoD administrative responsibilities in the game?

Correct. No actual players have any admin controls in the game. Anything else you have heard is a false rumor.

So HellHound/Basher *is not really* chat coordinator?

HellHound/Basher created the chat channel the game uses. So, he is an owner of the chat...nothing else.

So game player/administrators *do not really* have a vested interest in the outcome of the game?

Not sure I understand this question properly. No administrators are active players, and there is no favor on one player/clan over another.

So you *did not know* that the WoD clan and alts spread the word about the 1100 loophole? Where have *you* been? Who has been administering the game in your absence? Rok/Tomb? The cheater you forgave and allowed back into the game?

Fengaral
11-13-2010, 09:14 AM
I am a new player compared to the dedicated people posting here. However, from my point of view it seems that you do have a bias here. I am ignoring all references to names/players. I am simply talking about the game itself.

If there are loop holes that allow people to exploit the game, why are they still active? If there are players that have used this to an unfair advantage, why have they not been dealt with? What is the point of buying RC's when others are allowed to farm them for free? What benefit do you offer of being "fair" to anyone that is new when people have abused the system for so long? How are people like me that play the game, buy RC's or not, supposed to be able to compete with other players that can exploit the game?

The answer is we can not, EVER! You have created a glass ceiling when exploit one was mentioned to you (as i read in an early page) to help cut back on people taking advantage. However, you seem to let 'some' players slip through a crack up there cause they are beyond any normal limits. I see their gear page and wonder how much money did they spend to acquire all that loot. Then I read up on this and understand why. I guess I should have come to the game a long time ago and gotten "in" with the right crowd. Because regardless of clan loyalties, that seems to be how it is.

Now you have created two echelons, the whole us and them mentality if you will. I am proud to be a part of the US crowd. Players who play the game and have respect for it and other players. I very much dislike the THEM players who continue to abuse the system. Might I mention it is a system you created and COULD FIX if you took the time. You have it now set up that the US people can never attain the same level of ability, be able to compete in wars, bounty, etc etc with THEM players because you have made Algadon Gods of them!

Way to go, you took a great game here and crapped it all up. I play, only because of the class of players in my clan and some of the ones I meet along the way. However, you may be looking at an eventual exodus of Algadon because you can't seem to hear what the people are asking! Fix the game, follow some of the suggestions or not that were offered, but good lord, fix it. Otherwise, what is truly the point if there is no reason to play.... meaning "hey new guy come play this game and grind your butt off getting level up, but keep in mind your just fodder for the exploiters!! HAVE FUN!"

So think about it Mr. Admin person, is it really that much of a pain to either cap people out or take back some of their gear (giving them some form of FAIR compensation if deserved), to remove obvious exploits of farming RC's, to make the game what it used to be, FUN! Just wanted to throw my .02 out at you and give you some thoughts from the little guys around here that are just starting out.

I hope you come to a positive realization and do what's right, cause that's truly all that is asked of you.

Admin
11-14-2010, 08:34 PM
After reviewing everyone's feedback (mostly via the contact form, but also here in the forum), we have limited the quest, as seems to be the popular suggestion here as well.

Seapig
11-14-2010, 10:47 PM
After reviewing everyone's feedback (mostly via the contact form, but also here in the forum), we have limited the quest, as seems to be the popular suggestion here as well.

I guess I'll trust you on that. It must have been a great outpouring in the contact form, since not one person recommended that in the forum.

Admin
11-14-2010, 10:53 PM
It was recommended to 3000 in this thread.

Seapig
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
I see, Anon recommended 3000, you cap it at 2500. That makes it so much better.

I'll have to remember to send you a Christmas card.

Grimbly
11-15-2010, 04:47 AM
What about clan wars and new clans? If your clan doesnt have one of these super charactrrs in it youre doomed.:(

Lord QuickSilver
11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Putting a stupid cap on the quest is one thing, but not returning the resell value to it original place is CRAP!!!! One, we are all capped in this game, because it is not growing or adapting quick enough. Two, you allowed those that knew about it and informed others, to rape that quest and come up in LI's, but know that you are called on it Chris you do as you always do...the least and most unjust you can come up with. The BS cap is fine...we can all learn to deal with that...but YOU NEED TO REINSTATE THE RESELL VALUE TO 18 OR BETTER. STOP MESSING AROUND WITH THIS AND MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!

tomb
11-17-2010, 01:34 PM
first off - the correct spelling is Ridiculous - of course spell check wouldn't help you because ridicules is a word too.

I didn't even think about farming quests for potions until it was mentioned to me. So I got very few credits using it. I in no way got strong through farming credits. My regen is far less than most people my level because I went for str instead of energy regen.

I was already punished for using a bot with tomb - he was bannned.

This continued slander against me and the rest of WoD is malicious and needs to stop.

Just like people who start today and don't have access to any special quests from before - you failed to take advantage of the quest before it was changed - too bad. Don't like it - quit playing.

I think the cap should be even lower or even made to be 1 time only like Repair the Oransted Watermill.

There is no reason to do the quest more than one time once you have the key.

Or take the potions out of those quests altogether - 300 energy back from a quest that take nearly 8000 to complete is pointless.

Don't give in to the whiners when you are losing money - if they quit who cares - they were not spending money on the game anyway.

rivers
11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
well said TOMB!!
Admin, well done for keeping cool :)

fengaral and anyone else who think these "gods of algadon" cheated there way.........

quest 1100 starts dropping potions

level 975 savage amazon boss-drops sonduko stones
golden dragon 1100-drops masks of courage

thats how u get your energy regen and strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anon
11-17-2010, 07:18 PM
first off - the correct spelling is Ridiculous - of course spell check wouldn't help you because ridicules is a word too.

Are you the spelling police now? hahaha

I didn't even think about farming quests for potions until it was mentioned to me. So I got very few credits using it. I in no way got strong through farming credits. My regen is far less than most people my level because I went for str instead of energy regen.
Ok, I'm reading 'Hey, I'm to stupid to figure things out, but once I was told, I did it too'. lmao yet another moment of stupidity on your behalf. lmao

I was already punished for using a bot with tomb - he was bannned.

Don't cheat then! Oh wait, too late, cheater!

This continued slander against me and the rest of WoD is malicious and needs to stop.

Cheaters don't get a say so, EVER!

Just like people who start today and don't have access to any special quests from before - you failed to take advantage of the quest before it was changed - too bad. Don't like it - quit playing.

If you don't like the medium found, then YOU quit.

I think the cap should be even lower or even made to be 1 time only like Repair the Oransted Watermill.

There is no reason to do the quest more than one time once you have the key.

Or take the potions out of those quests altogether - 300 energy back from a quest that take nearly 8000 to complete is pointless.

Nobody cares what you think. You don't even have half a brain to begin with.

Don't give in to the whiners when you are losing money - if they quit who cares - they were not spending money on the game anyway.
He was losing money when you retards were exploiting a flaw, when in fact, you all should have reported it.

So in closing, STFU, get a fk'n job, and for the love of god, clean your fk'n basement you pig!

p.s. - If you used as much energy and passion in real life as you do making silly game names and clans, you'd probably be out of your parents base. But instead, look at you now, over 40 yrs old, and nothing to show for. Shame on you.

batdan13
11-18-2010, 03:37 AM
You know these personal attacks are getting old. Let's stick to the game, shall we. If you all have something personal, stick to the right median for that. I am also 40, does that make me bad for playing this game? Heck we have people in their 50's playing this game, qwhat does that make them. Please, stay on the right topic. If you wanna slander do it in your own posts...Thanks.

BatKol
11-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Thank u, batdan! I am a 46yr old disabled woman about to turn 47 and I have been mocked and made fun of by younger people who have no understanding of what a long term progressive disease does to a person's health, strength and energy. There are a few that do and know about my battle with it. The above person being one of them.

Btw, how a person is in game is most likely how they are in real life. Most like to hide behind their computer generated characters thinking they will never be caught when they do bad hurtful things to others. To those people I say, stop being so blasted stupid and self-deceiving. We all reap what we sow. And some never learn from their mistakes. We know who they are too because they never change for the better, only for the worse.

That is all and thank u for ur time.
U may now resume ur regularly scheduled activities.(batdan quote)

anon
11-20-2010, 04:21 PM
If you are over 40, and still live in your parents basement, then YES, the above post pertains to you.

Otherwise, a little reading comprehension goes a long long way. Try it!

BatKol
11-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Apparently YOU don't have any comprehension yourself so correct yourself before u go correcting others.

mailmeharry2008
01-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Well as per this discussion i see that whole system of algadon should be changed, and the game should be reset and restarted. LOLS....
But that's not possible, so we should enjoy this game, as it is.
Yes all the above said things make lower level guys feel like they are far behind and can never come up to the levels of higher ones. But it's just a game, the other new guys that would come below us will also feel same. Maybe some might get above if they are rich enough to buy cloaks with their dollars. But there would be many others who will stay behind us. So nothing to worry. Enjoy the game, that's all i can say is :)