PDA

View Full Version : Internet game?!? Fact or Fiction.

batdan13
11-14-2010, 09:42 AM
For what it's worth, I am just one person playing in this great big old internet game. 1 opinion, 1 voice, 1 experince and seeing things from 1 point of view. I have though being thinking a lot about all the happenings going on and really want to get my thougts expressed and let everyone else have an opportunity to share theirs. I really believe that everyone, including myself spends way to much time worrying about what advantage everyone else is or is not getting. I have come to a determination, if I spend half the time worrying about myself and my playing experience that I do about everyone else, I have one heck of an experience! To often I am blaming this person, that person or even the admin for things that I can or cannot have. The bottom line for me has become very clear. Because of the choices I have made my playing experience will ether be a positive one or a negative one. Because I control the things I do, because I am able to make choices about every aspect of this game, the outcome will be as it is. Yes, obsolutly things the games developer does will effect the outcomes to an extent, however history has shown there is always a way to continue to enjoy this game, if I choice to. Thus far I have withstood divorce, death of other members, sickness, and internet bullying that will last a lifetime, but is it enough to stop anyone from playing? Apparently not, there are over 30k players signed up for this game. Yes more than 3/4 are probably inactive or whatever but thats still thousands of people. Wow, just imagine putting tha number of people on a football field that's a few people.
What is my point? Simple, this is ultimatley a game. Let me repeat that statement for myself, this is a game. I game with made up character's where you really only know as much about the other person as he or she actually tells you, and in some cases that may be incorrect! I am seeing a very nasty trend developing. A trend that I try not to fall into, which I am sure I have done and after this I am sure someone will point out, but it is whatit is. People making some pretty nasty personal attacks on other people. I've seen everything fromslander to racial profiling. Is that the kind of game we really want to turn this into? I don't, but as I said, I am but 1 voice. Trash talking is fine, I love to talk trash, but their is a huge difference betweem talking trash and attacking someone's mom and dad.
In closing, I don't care if agree, disagree or are indifferent with what I wrote. If you read it you must care somewhat or are extremely bored. Let's pull our big boy and girl underwear back up and play the damn game. let's get away from the personal this that and the others, the he said she said's and just play the damn game. Thanks!

Buzz (formerly known Batdan13)

BatKol
11-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Agreed, bro. When the attacks get so personal as to bring real life issues about family & personal lives to intentionally try to hurt, it has gone too far.

ExotiCAT
11-14-2010, 05:59 PM
' Yes, it is a game. One which I enjoy playing for whatever reason. I'm used to being here now and would hate experiencing its loss, as what happened with my last chatsite.
I totally feel for those who were gyped but I only paid for or appreciated the things which assisted me to kill the next boss efficiently. As I told Admin, I'll never retire.
I pray the entire matter is resolved to everyone's satisfaction.
Peace :)

mailmeharry2008
01-12-2011, 05:08 AM
True brothers