PDA

View Full Version : Mobile USERS vs. PC USERS

mailmeharry2008
04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
As all of us know that Mobile users can never catch up with the ones on the PC. PC has much more advantages. Even 3G high end phones (especially in India, as the internet is very slow and expensive here.), can't compete with PC.

So there is no competition between these 2 console people.
So it is better to launch another server, like in heavily populated MMORPG's, in which one server is for Mobile Users and Other is for PC users.

And it should be automatic, means server should have the ability to recognize the device of the user, and accordingly it should switch servers on it's own. (Fully automated process.)

This way Mobile users can compete against each other, and PC guys can show their High tech Powers amongst each other.

And if switching between PC and Mobile creates any problem, then a permanent Mobile or PC allotment could be done while registration of new accounts.

:):):)

peppesson
04-26-2011, 03:31 AM
At the moment i observed only a significant advantage for mobile user: you can see the current hp point of the boss (with the PC you will not know exactly the current HP amount ... you can guess it by looking to the remaining gold

mailmeharry2008
04-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, that would be quite loling stuff @ peppesson.......
Mobile users are weak in almost all aspects (except for the one you said, lol).

kil9012
04-27-2011, 12:44 AM
technically mobile users r not any less advantage then pc users only difference is only clicking speed yes u may click faster on a computer but thats about it i mainly play on my fone and have not problems keeping up with others u still build ur character the same as if u were on a computer not to mention if chris were to incorporate this game to run a dual server the site would cost more to run thus meaning higher rc costs or possibly having the site shut down if not enough revenue is gernerated to support the higher cost i do believe this site has been set up well with good concepts and fairly equal game play between pc and mobile users

kalan_kalavas
04-27-2011, 12:54 AM
i agree i use both phone and computer and see little differance sometimes the phone is actuly better for me

mailmeharry2008
04-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Hmmm........:confused::confused:

I don't know, i am confused, i am a mobile user and i never found it better on mobile. In all respects PC is best. Let me tell you whole of my experience, that will make you clear about my thread more.

When i began at lvl 1 i found this game awesome at Mobile phone. Speed is fine, i could do quests and bossing. It was not much of a problem.

Around lvl of killer siafu i experienced that i can't get fruits much from mobile phone, but on PC i was getting it almost 10 times more than mobile simply because, Clicking is not needed in PC. You just keep holding Enter on PC and whoossshhhhh.... all your energy is drained in few seconds. But in mobile i have to sit for at least half an hour to drain my puny 600 to 800 energy.
That's really horrible, but i could have tolerated that too.

Then came level of BD (lvl 675) and after that Savage amazon and then finally Golden Dragon, you are a loser in game if you don't farm these bosses to full potential. And a mobile user can never farm these to full potential as only 10 minutes are there after obtaining luck cloak to farm such bosses. And till this time we have tremendous energies unlike puny energy of 600 to 800 at the level of killer siafu. So a mobile user needs nearly 2 to 3 hours to drain nearly 5000 energy (average and if someone is having even more then it is even more trouble, lol.) And a PC user can drain it in less than 1 minute which means 10 minutes of luck cloak are more than enough for him to fully utilize luck cloak. So here it clearly shows the disadvantage to mobile user.

And whole game is ruined if these 3 bosses are unutilized properly. If you see chico2697, and there are many other guys on high levels with low energies and energy regen, low strength or defense. They suffered the same fate.........
So again saying no comparisons between these 2 consoles - PC and MOBILE

peppesson
04-27-2011, 02:57 AM
I agree with you !

mailmeharry2008
04-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Even i would have suffered same fate if i didn't used PC at all. But luckily whenever i was on important points like siafu, BD, Savage Amazon (not lucky, but i used PC sometimes here also), and GD (someone helped me here who had a PC).......

I found PC myself or by someone else. OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE BEEN WEAKEST HIGH LEVEL PLAYER IN ALGADON.

However i can agree that Questing can be done in Mobiles (but the excess time factor is still there.) But bossing is impossible in Mobiles. If you farm bosses on Mobile, it will make you feel boring too to keep clicking, and wait for few hours to drain all energy. My 50,000 plus energy of MailMeHarry2008 is impossible to drain even at my Android Phone if i do bossing. However if i do HIGH LEVEL QUESTS which requires high amount of energies, only then i can drain my energy but still that too takes long time.

NOTE - One more biggest problem is that only few big Nations in world - US, ENGLAND, JAPAN ETC. (THE INFO MIGHT BE PARTIAL), provides high bandwidth for Internet. But countries like India, provide low bandwidth (slow internet) and that too at very high costs. And wireless networks for phones are just dead here, ehhhh.......

mailmeharry2008
04-27-2011, 03:09 AM
I agree with you !

Thanks, my first support, and hope others will also do after reading this.
Seems like other guys did not exactly got my point, which i wanted to tell.

:):):)

And one more issue addressed by kil9012, well i feel every game developers already have spare servers, so Chris can use that simply to launch such thing. And for costs for it, it is not a 3D High end game which require 100s of Staff to maintain a single server. It is a low graphics text game and mobile version would even be more lighter, he he. It might raise costs, but not the extent that you spoke of. (But still thanks for responding to my thread. I love all responses on my threads. He he.....)

peppesson
04-27-2011, 03:43 AM
maybe the future could me the use of algadon on mobile phone ... Chris could think about that

mailmeharry2008
05-01-2011, 01:20 AM
And this thread of mine is waiting for your response chris sire?

batdan13
06-01-2011, 09:25 AM
I highly doubt Chris will be exasperating the game into a mobile and a pc version. He would literally have to rewrite the game for another server or use an older version, put it on and update it all over again. It would be very time consuming and costly. By separating it you would be defeating it's intended purpose, a ton of people on ONE site working together or against each other in a combative environment. It sucks that you can't farm some boss so well with a phone. I personally have done many cloak runs for phone only users and will continue to do so.

peppesson
06-01-2011, 11:08 AM
yes ... you can do that also a mobile ... but the results in 10 min time slot are very very better on a PC

mailmeharry2008
06-01-2011, 11:54 PM
that's nice batdan (buzzy), if i knew that earlier then i would have asked you for help as well, lol..... :)

numnutz
12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I too is a mobile user since lvl1 and rarely had the chance to use PC ..I have 900nrg so far, and it took me 1 or 2 hours of boredom just to burn it all on farming, it even made me sleep. I email'd Chris suggesting attack function i saw from shinobilegends. It's an option where in players could do multiple attacks against opponent for just 1 click. For example attacking Siafu 10x by clicking a single button. Well, i hope he'll do some action abt that.

mailmeharry2008
12-06-2011, 09:39 PM
No he won't as you must have seen forums, that i raised this issue in past, and always got negative reply from admin, and even in there new game HunterNoctalis, they didn't do anything regarding it.

Drex
04-03-2012, 03:55 AM
PC users have advantage on the game, because is easy to killing fast the bosses, which is very important when you get lucky cloack from level 800. And also in clan wars they can do all fast which is advantage. The admins must work to improve mobile game users interface. At the moment mobile users and PC users are definately no equivalent.

tomb
04-07-2012, 12:27 PM
It is not the game that needs fixing it is your phone. Not even all PC players are equal. Some browsers are better than others for playing the game. Some people could even still be using dialup or satellite or DSL. There are many types of phones. Not all phone players are equal either. If your phone had a browser that allowed you to hold down buttons to repeat strokes it could be just as good as a PC. Or just learn to tap those buttons faster.

Iceman2012
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Admin told long time ago that he probly make 10x clikking what help phone user.

rivers
05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
change of subject but where the hell is the game. logged in 8am in uk and now gone 8pm. thats 12+hrs and however long before i tried to login.
ive spent a few thousand dollars in this game and am starting to worry!!!
can someone please tell me if this is temporary

Admin
05-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Definitely temporary. We ran into issues with the maintenance both today and yesterday. The first step took a great deal of time to process due to the large amount of data, and then we have run into a couple of bumps with version mismatch and memcache. We expect to be back up within about an hour. Certainly nothing to worry about in any case. :)

rivers
05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
thanks for the prompt reply :)