PDA

View Full Version : When are the contests coming?

Silvio Greco
11-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Just wondering, I love the game but would really like to see a contest or something to get more people online at once.

Admin
12-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Opps. Apologies for missing this post. ...didn't expect to see one in this section since it was intended only for posts from this side. In any case, the contests are next on the to-do list after the current feature that has been in works for the past month+. Should not be long after that. We're hoping to have this one finished in the next few days.

rsaylor
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
looks like it is comming soon now :)

Admin
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Check the news for this. Follow-up here after the contest event with feedback.

a pinnapple
02-10-2010, 10:58 AM
the contest seemed pretty good, i stopped early with the test contest due to running out of energy. the already adjusted experiance for the real contest will be more incentive to heal up. i think it would also be a good idea to give something to the "losers" of the contest, either offer a participation medal for the first attack on the boss, for each person, (possibly with small bonuses such as +1-5 in a skill) or have small items drop after attacking the boss. the item would be like getting money for a regular boss, you wouldnt have to kill the boss to get it and more people would be able to walk away with something

Belarion
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I like pinnapple's idea a lot! It'd feel much more like you were actually doing progress if you got something usefull on every third or even each attack, instead of only on kills.

Also, please make when the time is more clear. Is it greenwhich time or american time or what ?

Admin
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
There will not likely be drops other than on kill. That's what makes the kill the goal and the result special.

The time zone US Eastern Time.

Tananda
02-14-2010, 02:40 AM
The contest are great. Winning is fun, however the results are skewed towards the players with the most energy. I have several suggestions for you to consider
1. Run 2 contests, 1 for levels 500 and up and 1 for levels less than 500.
2. Allow the purchase of an "unlimited energy token" for use during thew contests
3. allow players to put aside energy for use in the contests. Something like a quest.

After level 400 players start to collect wings and other items and have the chance for greater energy storage and can beat away longer. Players like the knight are just about out before they start.
The token gives every player an equal shot. You could have 1 token/game. Cost about 5credits.
With putting aside energy,again it gives each player an equal amount to work with. You could cap it at say 700 energy.
Just something to consider.

PrinCyz
02-14-2010, 12:01 PM
I agree with Tananda... I wondered about that myself. How fair is this to lower level players with little to no energy or damage points. I agree with some form of "buy in" and then unlimited energy then its "may the fastest fingers win".

Admin
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree with Tananda... I wondered about that myself. How fair is this to lower level players with little to no energy or damage points. I agree with some form of "buy in" and then unlimited energy then its "may the fastest fingers win".

Damage points are not an issue. That is, the same level of damage is done to all players...all players would need to heal after the same number of attacks.

Leshak
02-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Would it be possible to have contests running for people in different timezones? I'm not from US and the previous contests were in the deep night for europeans. Please have some contests starting in the morning Eastern time (-5 GMT). Thx.

Byron
02-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I second this.

European time has 3 zones:
GMT - western europe
GMT+1 - central europe
GMT+2 - eastern europe

Taking the middle one, GMT+1, would make europeans happy... :)
And spreading the contest over the 24 hours would have made everyone happy :D

Admin
02-15-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't foresee the contest being spread over 24 hours. However, we will be doing them at different times so that it is convenient for everyone's schedule at least part of the time. The next one will be done in the morning (US Eastern Time) as mentioned.

mailmeharry2008
01-13-2011, 01:29 AM
I don't foresee the contest being spread over 24 hours. However, we will be doing them at different times so that it is convenient for everyone's schedule at least part of the time. The next one will be done in the morning (US Eastern Time) as mentioned.

Why can't contests be on 24 hours? It's good if they are, as most of the contests are introduced as per US time, i suppose. In india, i never got to participate in any contest. So it's better to let those contests on for 24 hours time?

grizzly
12-14-2011, 01:44 AM
24 hour boss fight would be insane, lol, hard enough to get him dead as is, the best solution I can see is to put up contest bosses at various times so everybody can get a shot at it