PDA

View Full Version : boss training

a pinnapple
12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
boss's seem to be the best training method. by attacking in general less energy is used per experiance point than any quest, (both player attacks and boss's.) and as for means of attacking, boss attacks can be profitable and will make alot fewer people angry than player attacks.

but what kind of training is best for boss's? do you go with the best boss you can beat? the easiest one you can still fight? or maybe something in the middle?

i really dont know myself but i think this is a good thread to start. one i hope many players can respond to.

my personal view is that it is best to train on the weakest monster possible. now you will get less exp for each attack that you make, but will need to heal less and get that tasty little kill bonus more often. for example a boss takes five hits to beat and you gain 6 exp each hit, but for the fifth hit you get 48 exp, making it average 14.4 exp per hit if you get the kill. you will also get more drops and the money the boss has

a pinnapple
12-14-2009, 06:24 AM
i think i'll be my own worst critic then. i just tried out the highest level boss in my fight list and can averge 63 exp per att (no where near kill though). this is much better than the 14.4 or so exp average i got when i did get the kill bonus from the weaker boss. it is "slower" training, as i need to heal every 3-4 attacks but its much more energy effecient. being that i dont get the kill there are no item drops though and the money at the end is less. but since it also starts out with more cash there is easily enough to cover the cost of heal

ExotiCAT
03-19-2010, 09:43 AM
After being attacked a few times by players explaining they get more experience attacking a player than their current Boss, I made this experiment myself and discovered what I suspected - it's sorely erroneous. There were few choices of players within my level range, so I chose to attack one who'd already attacked me in the past. I received only 20 experience points for this and ceased immediately. My current Boss, the Succubus is currently providing 161 experience per attack. Although this is an MMORPG, I didn't really join to interact with many others in this fashion for many reasons, not the least of which I'm a relative loner. I enjoy leveling up with Bosses who won't feel slighted by my interaction. To those who fine more experience in player attacks I can only imagine they aren't arming themselves as well as they should - the regular shops are all that's necessary in finding adequate armor - hence finding difficulty in winning the battle against whichever Bosses are still on their list with emphasis on the newest for maximum experience.

Sykosis
03-19-2010, 10:01 PM
After being attacked a few times by players explaining they get more experience attacking a player than their current Boss, I made this experiment myself and discovered what I suspected - it's sorely erroneous. There were few choices of players within my level range, so I chose to attack one who'd already attacked me in the past. I received only 20 experience points for this and ceased immediately. My current Boss, the Succubus is currently providing 161 experience per attack. ...

You're assumptions are actually not entire correct. In order to gain more XP from players than bosses you need to be attacking players many many levels higher than you -- 200+ levels higher in fact.

I'm hitting some players that are 300-400 levels higher than me and can obtain 5-7% toward my STR/DEF per attack versus the 3-4% with the strongest boss I can currently attack

ExotiCAT
03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
My theory was tested upon those players who attacked with me claiming they received more points - they were both in my exact level in fact as per being up to the Succubus Boss. Therefore they could not have received many more experience than I since neither were 300-400 levels higher or lower.
I haven't decided to fully interact with others yet (except those who've interacted with me) as my schedule is too hectic and fluctuating at the moment. I can't be sure of being able to commit my time in full yet.

mailmeharry2008
01-18-2011, 02:13 AM
boss's seem to be the best training method. by attacking in general less energy is used per experiance point than any quest, (both player attacks and boss's.) and as for means of attacking, boss attacks can be profitable and will make alot fewer people angry than player attacks.

but what kind of training is best for boss's? do you go with the best boss you can beat? the easiest one you can still fight? or maybe something in the middle?

i really dont know myself but i think this is a good thread to start. one i hope many players can respond to.

my personal view is that it is best to train on the weakest monster possible. now you will get less exp for each attack that you make, but will need to heal less and get that tasty little kill bonus more often. for example a boss takes five hits to beat and you gain 6 exp each hit, but for the fifth hit you get 48 exp, making it average 14.4 exp per hit if you get the kill. you will also get more drops and the money the boss has

A perfect strategy brother, i apply same as well. Infact i have two accounts, mailmeharry2008 and kakarot, For mmh i use to go for the highest boss available so i am high in levels with it in less time, but my account is weak. However if you see kakarot, it goes for lowest boss so it is low in levels but seems much stronger.