PDA

View Full Version : What the HECK does Defense DO!?

Koh
08-29-2011, 07:49 AM
It appears to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Like, raising your Defense level, as with Strength, increased Max HP by 5. But that's it. What the heck does Equip Defense even do either? I've not seen ANY type of damage soaking/damage reduction, so what's the point of calling it "Defense" if it doesn't "Defend" against anything? I don't understand what the purpose of racking up any type of "Defense" in this game is, if nothing happens when you do. Perhaps the develepor(s) will find a way to make it soak up damage?

mailmeharry2008
08-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Lol, it appears you are angry, lol. Calm down...
Defense actually do work, but only on PvP, not on the bosses in the game.

And the defense part is backbone of this game. For instance, my mmh is currently at about little less than lvl 1700, and i raise just strength (it's in thousands), though my def is merely in 300 count, so it helps me level up slow to benefit out max from the available bosses. And mathematically too, def and equip def do work.... but only if you are attacking some real player.
So chill and relax

:) :) :)

Koh
08-29-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm not mad, I just fail to see the logic behind Defense NOT defending. It makes entirely NO sense whatsoever. And I get the Slow Leveling thing, because I'm doing that to farm for fruits, but you know, I'd still like Defense to DO something, rather than just be a silent variable.

peppesson
08-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Defense make sense when your objective is to reduce damage against high strength players/bosses ... i know that at the begin doesn't help the defense and it is ebbtter to focus only on strength to build better your character in terms of HP, NRG and boss damage

peppesson
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
at a certain point (high level players) defence will make sense a little bit ... for the glory to be unbeatable or something similar

peppesson
08-29-2011, 10:36 AM
a lot of high players has a huge strength and a poor defense ... other has both balanced

mailmeharry2008
08-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Defense is not a silent variable. It is working..... I told ya that it is not meant for bosses only, on players it works normally.

And that makes sense as well, as bosses are mythical monsters and some are mythical gods as well, so they have their natural defenses rather than equip defense..... And natural attacks....

So the bosses have resistance to your eqp def.
Thank god they don't have resistance to your eqp str, or they would have been immortal, lol

kil9012
08-30-2011, 12:25 AM
yes koh ur defense makes more of a difference then u think u need major equipment defense in order to battle with the higher lvl players who have massive strength ur base defense does not need to b high in order to b effective u could virtually go through the game with absolutely no base defense if u want as long as ur constantly able to obtain equipment defense but u also would not be able to do the quests which at lower levels dont drop items really worth having but higher level quests drop items that r a must for ur character make sure u just train ur base strength when leveling but get all the equipment defense u can to make sure u can take the hits that big players can deal

mailmeharry2008
08-30-2011, 02:57 AM
yes and the point mentioned by kil9012 also proves that how def is backbone of the game....
It is all complex programming mathematics, lol :)

peppesson
08-30-2011, 03:18 AM
This is the reason that the legendary items rewarded in special quests are "good" in defence than the strength

Weedman
08-30-2011, 04:08 AM
Well at least those item are giving something more than def.LOL As a low lvl player i have quite good eng and eng reg, but still low str.

mailmeharry2008
08-30-2011, 06:32 AM
Yup an extra benefit @ Weedman

LOL

Koh
08-31-2011, 08:15 AM
I already have all the base Defense I'll need for the rest of the game. 277, so I can do the 800 quest correctly and that's all. But there's entirely no point in me getting more, because first of all it'll make me level faster, which I don't want, because I'm farming for fruits. Second, it's not necessary, especially since I need more strength, and DON'T PVP too much. Everyone has multiple wraths or something, SOMETHING that just makes it ridiculous to even bother.

kil9012, no offense, but I have a hard time following your posts. There's like zero punctuation throughout it, and it's hard to follow because of that o-o;. I can get by with "text speak," but only when there's at least proper punctuation, so I know when a sentence ends, or if a certain part of your sentence is done or whatever.

mailmeharry2008
08-31-2011, 10:28 PM
See, kill is just saying that you can complete the game by keeping your defense even to 0. If you need little defense to defend yourself from other live players, then you can get as much equip defense.

And on other hand, defense is still required to perform many quests.

So kil9012 was trying to explain you that all the statistics are related to each other in some way... :)

Hope you understand this language, lol.

AlexaVega
09-05-2011, 06:11 AM
which legendary items you are talking about? I never heard about this in defense.

mailmeharry2008
09-05-2011, 06:29 AM
which legendary items you are talking about? I never heard about this in defense.

Would you care to detail your question?
I am unable to understand, what you are asking? @ AlexaVega

Though if you are asking about legendary items high in defense, then there are many == Enchanted Wrath Cloak (+2000 eqp def), Cloak of Sobek(+2000 eqp def), Zeus Protection Cloak (+5000 def), charm of gaia, mask of creation, skull belts, and many more........ (countless, there were a lot of high defense rewards in earlier contests, special quests etc.. And even now there are many.)

AlexaVega
09-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Yes Harinder. I am asking the same question that you have mentioned bellow. Actually I am not at all aware with this thing legendary items. What I am thinking it is something like a antique items which were used in defense. Is is so?

mailmeharry2008
09-06-2011, 07:53 AM
No it is not so, but yes they are antique, lol. See this is a text based game and the strongest available weapons, armors, spells and rarities are mentioned as legendary items.

There are very weak legendary items also, though.
There defense are unlike any 2d/3d game, but yes all legendaries give you some attributes, some give you equip strength, some raise your equip defense, some raise your luck level and some are required for doing future quests also.

The game has a very simple UI (User Interface). After playing little, you yourself can figure out A-Z of the game, even without asking anything from the fool like me, lol :)

Though if you still need to ask anything from this fool, then you are always welcome.

oasisdentalmilton112
07-14-2015, 05:19 AM
NIce One :)

cheech
11-28-2016, 02:20 AM
Yes Harinder. I am asking the same question that you have mentioned bellow. Actually I am not at all aware with this thing legendary items. What I am thinking it is something like a antique items which were used in defense. Is is so?

I don't think so.

Fire_Alarm
01-16-2018, 03:01 PM
What do you think is the best strategy for a perfect defense? :confused:

QuinnTy
03-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Is there even such a thing as perfect defense? There are so many variables to take into account that I think it would be hard to pull it off, if not impossible.