+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boss Steals!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Thumbs down Boss Steals!

This is probably more of a rant than a problem, however I will throw what I perceive as the issue out and you can decide.

Several times I have been fighting a boss, have them down to less than 1000 hp, have to go eat something and even go to hospital and come back to finish them off to find when I attack them again their hp os back to where it was when I originally started fighting them. At first I thought this was maybe a glitch or problem with my phone or mac or whatever, then a clan mate said no, people will troll bosses looking for just such an instant that they can steal the win of the boss. Evidently people have become VERY good at it! So, either I suggest make it a way that the person fighting that boss is locked in or something to prevent this type of blatant disregard and theft from happening.

Thanks for your time...

Bat out

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to batdan13 For This Useful Post:

Belarion (03-12-2010), ExotiCAT (03-24-2010), jerry132 (03-08-2010)

Thanks

I think it would be a good idea that each boss is locked to the individual. Its a great idea that everyone fights the exact same bosses and all, but... Its being abused!! I've had a VERY hard time getting any kills at all because i usually am rather slow about my business, preferring to do other stuff while waiting for the hospital to become available again.

Thanks

I've experienced this issue more at certain levels than at others (notably the lowest levels, 1 - 50), perhaps due to many newcomers trying to level up at the same time. It didn't seem as though anyone was actually trolling the same boss I was fighting but with that many folks fighting the same boss out of necessity it was more like the contests of getting that final kill. My current high boss has been slain by myself the past several times, however, which is good as the weapons he drops will fund my next, pricier equipment.

Thanks

I've finally run into at least one person who lies in wait to steal the boss kill. I located those within my boss level range and if I logged on at the time they were leveling up, I politely stood back until they were done and had used up their energy points.
    But now I noticed in the new profile design the energy points aren't listed. It would help to see them but I can easily estimate regarding other factors of whether the player is done. Even in a "dog eat dog" world such as an online game there should be a modicum of courtesy. I hope I can encourage others in this fashion as well. I mean, we all have basically the same goal.

Thanks

Red face Stealing boss kills vs courtesy

I've finally run into at least one person who lies in wait to steal the boss kill. I located those within my boss level range and if I logged on at the time they were leveling up, I politely stood back until they were done and had used up their energy points.
    But now I noticed in the new profile design the energy points aren't listed. It would help to see them but I can easily estimate regarding other factors of whether the player is done. Even in a "dog eat dog" world such as an online game there should be a modicum of courtesy. I hope I can encourage others in this fashion as well. I mean, we all have basically the same goal.

Thanks

In fact if u wanna eat ur steack, defend it ! I lost some kills like every one on algadon but u can use their own tactic or calculate the moment to heal before the last rush. Sometime u lose, and sometime u win. thats the way its pretty cool. even if i lose my nerves when the damned boss was killed (not stolen) by another one ;_(

Thanks

Believe me, I can tell if the stolen kill was intentional and did use their own tactics against them. It just isn't a problem at my current level as not all the 3 players in my current boss group logon at the same time but I'm also into some of the quests when logging in and stay there for quite some time.

Administrator
    Thanks

Whether they all want to admit it or not, there are as many people that like the concept as do not. It adds more strategy to the game, in any case, as well as a layer of aggression, which often also stimulates pvp. Remember that Algadon is a fighting game...all players will not be friends.

Thanks

I have had this happen a lot lately to me, and it just plain makes me angry. I think that each person has their own "version" of the bosses. This means, when you are attacking a boss, others can still attack that boss, but their "verison". Each person should have their own "set of bosses". This would allow everyone to freely attack bosses simultaneously without the boss stealing. I say this would solve all of our problems.
    I am Ancient Doom and badabingbadaboom

Thanks

As the boss system wouldn't change, i propose that at least we can see who are actually hitting the boss, in real time. This way it will be easier to retaliate