+ Reply to Thread

Thread: retaliation

Thanks

Default retaliation

I know we cannot attack players that are a much lower level than ourselves, but I have a proposal. There is a player who is repeatedly attacking me because he says that I am worth more XP than the bosses at his level. Due to our level differences I cannot attack him in return so I purpose this. Allowing us to return attacks from players that are below our level on two conditions. First, if the attack was not in retaliation for a bounty kill. Second if the attack was not due to a bounty claim. If these are not accecptable then how about lowering the XP gained from attacks on players not in conjunction with a bounty. This is in response to the player attacking me at times 22 times in a row and I cannot retaliate except for a bounty, which is unreasonable to expect me to bounty 20 times instead of a direct responce to his attacks.

Administrator
    Thanks

Just to update here...this is being considered for the best solution.

Administrator
    Thanks

In the meantime, the best thing to do would be to have a clan member bounty the player so that you can attack as desired.

Thanks

We had I think a similar situation because another player kept hitting our players then when we retaliated this player just started hitting us left and right with bounties. What seemed odd was how a lvl 17 player had so much money to issue so many bounties so worth so much money? I personally think any player that puts a bounty on me, should expect me to be able to come and pay them a visit. in the current game play I can not.

Thanks

gorlin, I know who you are talking about. I too am being targeted for experience. This ass seems to think its ok to use me as some experience cow to milk at his whim. Because I want to see how far I can go as a non-premium player, I'm not spending money on the game. This limits what I can get to defend myself. I don't get the drops that others do but I do get some.
    I have a suggestion. 2 actually.
    Change the bounty structure slightly so that if player "A" places a bounty on player "B" then player "B" can no longer attack "A" until the bounty is cleared.
    2: Allow multiple players to add to the bounty, with the effect cumulative.
    Now if we could only convience tomb to leave the bounty outstanding so this guy can't do anything.

Thanks

That ass you speak of hazz is one of my top members honestly if someone who's much lower lvl then you can win n an attack then more power to them the object of the game is to lvl up and become powerful if a player gets better experience off of another player then I say go for it I myself have been milked for experience but in the end I just visited the hospital n ate food in the worst scenarios I bountied them till they stopped but something I see alot is people forgetting its just a game don't let it piss you off

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Deloric For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (03-14-2010)

Thanks

That's part of the game - if you don't like it, then don't play it.

I do not think or feel I am doing anything wrong. If I am, then I welcome the Admin to tell me so and I will stop.

Part of the game is ATTACKING PLAYERS. That is why there is a button for it. It just so happens that higher level players provide higher levels of XP. At times, that amount of XP is greater than what can be achieved in Boss fights.

However, it doesn't last all that long - as soon as a player advances in levels, that higher level player (if they are not leveling up at the same rate), provides less and less XP until such time that they may provide as much XP as a boss fight.

I am not targeting any one player in particular - there are a few very high players I attack once in a while. In fact, some I don't attack anymore since the XP gained is no better than boss fights.

Again, its part of the game.

Administrator
    Thanks

Indeed, nothing is being done wrong here. The retaliation concept is a good one, though, and it will be considered further for the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Indeed, nothing is being done wrong here. The retaliation concept is a good one, though, and it will be considered further for the future.
    While the retaliation concept is nice (provides a way for higher level players to attack lower level ones), I fail to see how much benefit it is going to provide.

In the cases provided in this thread, if gorlin or Ahazz were to retaliate against me, chances are they would lose, as I have already demonstrated that I can beat them.

The only benefit would be for them to power up (ie legendary items) and then retaliate. Though another benefit would be for them to get gold from me as well.

I'll second (or third, forth, etc) the retaliation concept - I do not think a lot of games have so it would be something different.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sykosis For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (03-14-2010)