+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Johnny5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gclu View Post
    Admin, you are killing this game.
    They aren't killing the game.

One could argue that it favors the wealthy, but that won't stop the rest of us from trying harder to match his stats, surpass his stats, bounty him over and over again, and show that money can't buy everything

I've put a lot of money into the game myself but refuse to buy a character - there is no fun in that. I want some challenge in the game.

But even if you don't have real money to spend, you can strategize on how to best use your earned credits to obtain legendary items. That in itself is a great part of this game. For me, though, I'm too impatient, which is why I bought some stuff.

But I'm done paying for a while - going to take up the credit challenge and save save save!

Thanks

Ok, Now I want a fn DETAILED explanation!

"You were attacked by Legolas Prime and lost! You took 11812 in damage, while dealing 3398."
    Username: Legolas Prime
    User Level: 1144
    Strength Exp: 11,774/21,650
    Defense Exp: 21,596/23,645
    Spiked Shield of Voluptas
    +750 Defense
    +25 Strength
    Death Rays
    +900 Defense
    +900 Strength

Username: Seapig
    User Level: 2317
    Strength Exp: 8,759/147,335
    Defense Exp: 76,160/114,120
    Spiked Shield Blessed by the Gods
    +1500 Defense
    +750 Strength
    Vision of Fear
    +2200 Defense
    +2200 Strength

So his user strength is less than half mine, his defense is about half mine, equip strength and defense less than half mine.

That leaves unrevealed legendary items. This is outrageous! This player hit me for more than 5 times the damage as any boss that I can see!

Define the rules for damage taken/given IN THE GAME GUIDE! I'm tired of guessing how user strength/defense, equip strength/defense, and extra damage all fit together!

From observed behavior, something is completely unbalanced.

I'm not blaming Legolas. I would guess attacking a player 1000 levels higher than you has a better Experience payout than a boss at most 25 levels above you.

Administrator
    Thanks

Legolas Prime does not show the legendary items he owns on his profile. Therefore, you are not taking into account any cloaks and other items the player may have.

Thanks

That's a complete non-answer.

I stated that the difference was probably legendary items. I didn't list mine either.

But just to put everything right out there where everyone can see it:

At the time of the attack, I had approximately +1000 Defense, +700 strength, and +700 extra damage. So what you are saying is that by whatever the mystical formula used to resolve player attacks is, there are legendary items that can overcome 1000 point strength and defense deficit?

I'm not asking for anything unreasonable, I'm simply asking for you to define how player attacks are resolved so that I can know what to purchase.

Administrator
    Thanks

The Cloak of Shadows and Ultimate Power Cloaks have a +500 benefit for the single item. Apologies for not being more specific. Just didn't want to speak on someone else's stats.

Thanks

Here's a "yes/no" question.

Will you document the relationship of strength/defense/equip strength/equip defense/extra damage in the resolution of player attacks?

Second question: If "yes", when and where will this information be?

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig View Post
    Here's a "yes/no" question.

Will you document the relationship of strength/defense/equip strength/equip defense/extra damage in the resolution of player attacks?

Second question: If "yes", when and where will this information be?
    Yes, will do so here. Here goes...

Base damage is generated for both sides (based on level + item damage + extra damage). Strength damage increase is then calculated, which is totalstr * seed / 22 (defense is the same formula just on defense with a new seed). For defense, basically a damage absorption value is calculated. When the two numbers are factored together, we ensure at least 25% of the damage is processed (creating a point where you can't become unhitable). Strength and defense mitigate and produce the same damage, just we limit all damage from being blocked so there's a cap on being extremely over on defense vs. someone who is attacking you (in effect making you untouchable). So, in all attack cases, you will take at least some damage.

So, now to the end result... Having greater defense will, of course, reduce the damage you take when being attacked. Having more strength causes more damage to be done. The side with the greater damage is, of course, the winner.

Thanks

The problem we are all facing is that purchase power > play power.

That is, the game is becoming less and less fun since leveling up and building your character through skill playing is becoming less important compared to how much money someone has to buy powerful items.

Why would I play a game when other players are spending hundreds of dollars to power up their character? One could say that I should pay as much and buy powerful items, but I'm not. That type of rational will ultimately backfire and folks will leave the game.

I got a message from Gadget Advisor (don't know who that is) about suggestions - with the Easter holiday and some family issues I have not been able to respond, but I have some ideas that I think are great that could continue to generate revenue for the devs but also balance out the playing field for active players. Stay tuned...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sykosis For This Useful Post:

SilverStarr (04-10-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

Sykosis, it has always been like this. In fact, all of the online games are since (depending on the way the game is setup) players can buy additional stat points or special items to further their character. That's how online games generate revenue and survive. The only difference now is that there are single more expensive items that can be obtained versus the multiple lesser expensive ones before.

As for players spending hundreds of dollars to further their character...there's nothing new about that either. There were players doing that since the beginning.

We do look forward to hearing your feedback, though, in any case.

Thanks

Admin., you missed the key point.
    It is true it has been always like this that any "free" on-line games need some kinds of paid items to make profits so as to at least maintain its developing and operating to become better and better, but the paid items should be careful designed.
    Players are lured to purchase paid items to get "some" advantages for both PvE and PvP, but players should NOT get paid items to get "absolute" advantages for PvE and PvP. Destroying balance and fairness of this game is equivalent of destroying the game itself in the long run.