+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johnny5

Hybrid View

Thanks

I would suggest only being able to own one of the beast slayer cloaks. With no minimum level, you could have a level 1 player who can buy all 20 of them and be pretty powerful, defeating the whole purpose of leveling up, stats, etc etc

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sykosis For This Useful Post:

Ancient Doom (05-01-2010), batdan13 (03-28-2010), ExotiCAT (03-28-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sykosis View Post
    I would suggest only being able to own one of the beast slayer cloaks. With no minimum level, you could have a level 1 player who can buy all 20 of them and be pretty powerful, defeating the whole purpose of leveling up, stats, etc etc
    The max has been reduced. Actually, players would still need to level up and progress. Even with the cloaks, you're not powerful enough at level 1 to take on the higher players that have drops, stronger equipment, and not to mention the base str and def. It certainly helps a lot, but it's not any good without playing...and besides...what's the fun in that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (03-28-2010), ExotiCAT (03-28-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The max has been reduced. Actually, players would still need to level up and progress. Even with the cloaks, you're not powerful enough at level 1 to take on the higher players that have drops, stronger equipment, and not to mention the base str and def. It certainly helps a lot, but it's not any good without playing...and besides...what's the fun in that.
    I think your last sentence is what has gotten everyone so worked up about this player - that it appears he is buying his character, rather than building it. Most of us choose to balance purchases with leveling up for maximum fun, but I agree, what fun is it in playing a game where you don't take the time to actually play it.

But to each his own.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sykosis For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (03-28-2010), ExotiCAT (03-28-2010)