+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Check this, Admin!!!

Left By gclu - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 09:01 PM
    My previous early prediction keeps coming true all the way till today: they will keep designing new stuffs to lure players pay for it. The money you spend today will never catch up with the items they keep designing only to keep ourselves capable of competing with other players. They have no sense of how game balance is so important for the survival of this game and they keep destroying it. So put it in another way, don't think about PvP any more, just enjoy fighting BOSS and collecting drops, then life is better.

Left By Stormms - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 09:00 PM
    The problem with this game is that they will continue to come out with these items as long as people keep buying them. Welcome to capitalism.

Left By Ancient Doom - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 08:53 PM
    Same here. I will respect your decision, but WE WILL ALL MISS YOU VERY MUCH.

Left By BatKol - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 08:45 PM
    I hope u reconsider, Sykosis.

Left By Sykosis - (Report? - Reply) On Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 08:34 PM
    WTF? So we need to spend $120 to get one of those new cloaks? ***** this game - I am done with it. The developers clearly have no game sense and are purely interested in raping us for money.

Its been a blast while it lasted - met some really cool people.

But I'm done with this shit. This new cloak was the final draw. I'll be checking my account for a little while longer if folks want to shoot me a PM, but after a week or so I'm done. Back to reality.

If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'll invest in WoW or some other well developed game.

For those of you remaining - keep up the good fight!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gclu For This Useful Post:

ExotiCAT (07-01-2010), jdtp18 (09-16-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

Hope Sykosis will change his mind and continue to play. The special item is there for those who want it. Those that don't can simply ignore it, of course, and continue playing as normal.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

ExotiCAT (07-01-2010), fenrihr (10-07-2010)

Thanks

well.. sykosis does have some valid underlying points but the delivery's all wrong. I think many people would agree that royal creds should certainly be cheaper. not even a fs colossus botd or legendaries cost that much on games with much larger, loyal, more steadfast fanbases. on your side, you are correct; people will continue to contribute either money or just mass rcs in from facebook exploits, but more people would consider making some or more investments if the instant blowback wasn't as severe. you would most likely stand to gain more profit if you widen the window for affordability. we are your gaming community. as oxymoronic as bussiness ethics may sound, a community will display more appreciation and loyalty if they feel that the hierarchy is working with them, especially when it comes to money, especially in toughter times when everything costs twice as much. I hope this was constructive enough to make some sort of difference.

on a side note: honestly I've said before id put the money in if I could get a arch for less than 60 bucks. posted and timestamped in our guilds forum for your verifying pleasure.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hano0k For This Useful Post:

a pinnapple (09-15-2010), batdan13 (05-10-2010), Belarion (05-10-2010), ExotiCAT (07-01-2010), kevbo (07-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hope Sykosis will change his mind and continue to play. The special item is there for those who want it. Those that don't can simply ignore it, of course, and continue playing as normal.
    Respectfully, the special item -is not- there for those who want it but for those who can only afford to -pay- for it.

Do the math. We'll all be in the Easy Oaks retirement home before we'll earn enough RC's through the daily search and levelling to 'purchase' it.

No, the only way to get it is to want it badly enough to Pay for it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Antilles For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (05-10-2010), Belarion (05-10-2010), ExotiCAT (07-01-2010)

Thanks

antilles makes another valid point that pretty much directly ties in with what I've said. theres plenty of us that want the godly equipment but few of us that can actually afford it. its not like if we put enough time into this game that were rewarded with godly drops like most other games. its simply either break the bank and buy it or don't and watch everyone that does rape everyone else around them. either start an account and work your ass off towards a goal that amounts to nothing more than mediocrity or buy a couple hundred dollars worth of items and instantly be great.
    that's another reason why people are unhappy i'd wager, since usually the people that put the most time in should reap the greatest rewards. instead the people who benefit are whoever has the fattest wallet or who can exploit facebook/myspace the best. many a monarchy have been toppled by the overwhelming ratio of plebes to nobles over similar issues in world history. theres going to have to be compromise somewhere. id say either make rcs cheaper, add elite drops to higher level quests, have more contests with elite drops, or a combination of all previously stated. that would actually be fair.

ps. I do understand server and dev costs but its not like you guys are threading these cloaks or smelting these artifacts and charge out of the ass for labor. you make a picture and you turn around and sell copies of that picture with some stapled stats for hundreds of dollars profit. you stand to make more money in the long run if you can make it appealing to the middle class who both makes up the vast majority of your game's community and can't justify spending hundreds on pictures of items that they can't feed to their children or use to propel their vehicle.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hano0k For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (05-10-2010), Belarion (05-10-2010), ExotiCAT (07-01-2010), gclu (05-12-2010), liesoflove (06-01-2010)

Thanks

and on another sidenote some of these pictures you didn't even originally make. they came from other more prominent images that you just edited for your convenience for the game. that in itself creates its own issues, but also reinforces the fact that labor can't be supported as prevalent when it comes to algadon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hano0k For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (05-10-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hano0k View Post
    and on another sidenote some of these pictures you didn't even originally make. they came from other more prominent images that you just edited for your convenience for the game. that in itself creates its own issues, but also reinforces the fact that labor can't be supported as prevalent when it comes to algadon.
    This is totally untrue. 99% of the images in the game were paid to be custom made only for this game, and the very few that were not were royalty free.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (05-10-2010), ExotiCAT (07-01-2010)

Thanks

deflection is a lovely tool for the beauracracy. in this case, percentages are irrelevant if theres still some degree of truth to this statement, but that's beside the point I was trying to make. I was merely pre-stating that you wouldn't be able to claim labor as one of the reasons that everything's so hyper-inflated. when there are more people to demand supply from an infinite source, prices should certainly be lower. otherwise it just looks like you're trying to create a larger profit margin for yourselves. and don't get me wrong, that's the society that we live in and its by no means illegal, but it does make a difference to gain respect and loyalty from your community if you are in it for the long haul. I have a feeling this is some entrepreneurship major's project though so long term may not be your goal. but keep in mind facebook started out the same way and now those guys are probably billionaires or close to it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hano0k For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (05-10-2010), ExotiCAT (07-01-2010), liesoflove (06-01-2010)

Thanks

Default Items sharing

I think the idea of being able to give unneeded items to fellow clan members would be a good idea. I have and am on many other browser game where you can send items to others for their use. I hope that this may be a change to the game that will help better the game. And help bring in more players. Just a thought. Thank you for takeing the time to read this

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crew013 For This Useful Post:

asgen druniros (05-10-2010), batdan13 (05-10-2010), BatKol (05-18-2010), ExotiCAT (05-09-2010), Iceman2012 (12-11-2011)

Thanks

Lightbulb

Crew013 has the most logical idea yet! Especially in the event where that skeleton key cost 1 billion gold, and one clansman gave a billion to Cats and I gave 2 billion myself. We could have just passed the key around to one another; way simpler.
    This can easily become a true family affair where hand-me-downs become the show of family tradition as we "grow out" of some of our robes eventually as better ones come out representing our level growth.
    Last edited by ExotiCAT; 05-09-2010 at 03:28 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExotiCAT For This Useful Post:

batdan13 (05-10-2010), Belarion (05-10-2010)