+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Default Clan War - Tweaking Player listing

Great first Clan War. A few things that might help.

1) Sorting - the players in a clan to be attacked appeared in no particular order. It was hard to find specific players. I recommend ording by Level (so you can find a player around your level) or Alpha (so you can find a player you know their name) or by "Kill Value" with the highest Kill Value's at the top.

2) Dead Players - it was kinda frustrating to click on a player and go through several screens only to find they were dead. Is it possible to flag them somehow in the list or put them at the bottom of the list in a "Dead Section".

3) Ending Time - some players were not really sure how long the clan war was to last. It might help to put both the Start and End time on the screen OR a "time left" time such as "4 hours 45 minutes"

I think that's it for now. Great feature you added.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrinCyz For This Useful Post:

BatKol (06-07-2010), ExotiCAT (06-05-2010)

Thanks

I also am pleased with the clan war feature.

Some things I would like to see added/Changed.

Ambush war
    1. shouldn't last more than 4 hours. This is an ambush not trench warfare.
    2. Officers can delare an ambush.
    3. Only online players can participate in the ambush (Not sure about this)
    4. Energy cost of 3, same as a regular hit.
    5. players coming online after ambush has been declared are only awarded half points.

I'm sure with some tweaking this will become a favorite feature.
    Well done Gadget !!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tananda For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Agree with Tananda, "Ambush" war should be less hours.

Also, we need a way to somehow distinguish players that are willing to fight in a war. Some players want the clan for "family" and connection and conversation, but don't want to fight.

Can ya'll think about that?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrinCyz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Lightbulb Abusing the Clan War Feature

There is a player, jihad, who has discovered a way to abuse the Clan War feature to his advantage, in order to prevent himself from being bountied by anyone but the "clan" he's "at war" with.
    Jihad has harrassed members of my clan (before they even had a chance to join) and therefore has incurred the 10X rule we impose.
    In order to avoid punishment, jihad declared himself at war with another 1-man clan who just happened to be inactive. He claims there are so many inactives he can do this for an indefinite time and therefore prevent himself from ever being bountied in return! My senior officer forwarded me his message regarding this.
    Admin, this is another way of using a loophole or flaw to better oneself, and if such things are against Algadon rules, they should certainly be against any other feature of the game!
    No one is asking that the player be banned. Just that some rule be adjusted to ensure a player not be allowed to engage in such a war without honor. Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExotiCAT For This Useful Post:

BatKol (06-07-2010), Belarion (06-07-2010)

Thanks

Default the aftermath

clan wars are working quite well but there have been some good suggestions on this thread. what i suggest is making their aftermath better. right now all we get is a thumbs up or down and if we werent on line when it ends we have no clue how close we were. i think sort of a clan war archive that gives us the scores and maybe some info on what the top killers were for posterities sake would be sweet (mvp, top killer, blade fodder)

Thanks

First off.
    Make it impossible for clans with less than, say, 10 members to declare ambush wars (formal allowed)
    Secondly,
    Add a player-count restriction to clan wars. Ie, any given clan cannot ambush another clan with more than 50 members than they themselves have. (Ie, WoD cant ambush Atreides because of the huge member difference. They would win easily and without opposition like this, since they can just kill all of Atreides lower levels and then sit back and wait for the timer. Boring.)
    Thirdly,
    Instead of only the clan declaring ambush gets a cooldown on their ambush against that particular clan, any clan who has been ambushed should get a cooldown on being ambushed equal to 3x ambush war time lasted.
    And last
    Make it possible to be at war with more than one clan at a time - ie, three clans can gang up (leaders send a 'gang-up on clan X request to each others by some feature) and, during the war, they will count as one huge clan for purposes of determining the fight, and during the war (ie, if clan Y has 50 members, clan M 40 and clan P 120, they would count for having a total of 210 members and would be able to ambush their enemy clan, X, if they have within 160 and 260 members only). The fight would then commence as normal. This makes it more attractive to have 'allies' as a clan.