Threaded View

Thanks

Default Algadon fan fiction

A tale of the Killer Siafu

A battle scarred warrior and an ancheint sorcerer looked out from their hiding place in a small copse of woods. A thousand yards away they could see the castle sized anthill city of the killer siafu.
    "Why they are nothing so much as giant ants, and see the way they mill about so. Whatever are they looking for?" Asked the warrior.
    "There is a tree of life in this region, they search for it's fruit. The fruit will grant robust health to any creature which consumes it. But the tree will magically relocate every time one of it's fruits drops from it's boughs, thus they must continually search anew. Sometimes they can be waylaid and the fruit taken from them."
    "But I hear that many must be fought before such fruit is obtained."
    "Yes, well angels and mages have a knack for finding them, but us more usual mortals must work harder for them."
    "It seems as if it is not worth the effort." Sighed the warrior.
    "Oh no, my freind, their flesh is worth up to 100,000 in the coin of the realm."
    "That sounds like a lot, but in town it costs 300 just for a chicken leg."
    "That is true, but let me tell you another trick. If you are careful not to damage their mandibles while you fight them, then their mouth parts make a fine set of throwing knives."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to malakai For This Useful Post:

DoomAx (07-20-2010)