+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Default A Quest for One Rune

The Sorcerer known as Saudaukar and his hulking barbarian companion known as One Rune were in the great atrium of the Palace in Algadon city. One Rune had just carried a message to the King from the leader of the people of the Northern Reaches, and he found himself in a faraway land with nothing to do.
    After exploring the (vast) gardens and wondering at the ornate fountain at the center of the hedge maze, One Rune drank of its healing waters and stared up at the statue of Algadon, the ancheint King and founder of the dynasty which ruled to this day. He wanderred around but found he could not remeber the way out. He did find a sewer hatch and heard faint noises coming out of it. After prying open the hatch with his sword and descending within, he battled a pack of 20 lb rats and found the long straight passages underground much preferable the the winding paths of the labyrinth above. Soon it was evident that he within the legendary dungeons beneath Algadon City. There were more vile creatures down there, but none were very threatining. Huge spiders and were-rats, two foot long stinging centipedes and evem a goblin or two which gave some credence to the legend that there were connections to the deep underworld somewhere within.
    At length, One Rune found another sewer hatch out of the dungeon and emerged into a seedy part of the city. He made his way back towards the gleaming towers of the palace which rose far above the skyline of the squalid theives quarter like a beacon back towards wholesomeness.
    In an open square along the way there was a public bulletin board advertising for stout warriors to be paid in gold for assuming duty patrolling the castle gates. One Rune took the post and followed its instructions, a little bit of comfortable garrison duty was just what he needed to earn a little sppending monet and take time getting to know the city and its people better. He found Algadon a very pleasant, yet complicated place, and was happy to live there.
    Last edited by malakai; 07-12-2010 at 08:22 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to malakai For This Useful Post:

DoomAx (07-20-2010)

Thanks

Default Battle Hymn

Rise Atreides, rise in pride
    Let the banners proclaim
    10000 have died
    by the blood on our blades
    and the banners which fly
    Rise Atreides, Rise in Pride
    Sing loud, chorus of what has
    befallen
    this time around our deeds shall not be forgotten
    Rise Atreides, And claim your reward
    vengeance and glory at the tip of a sword
    Rise Atreides and drink till besotten
    For none can deny;
    The Rissen have fallen.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to malakai For This Useful Post:

DoomAx (07-20-2010)

Thanks

Default A quest for One Rune part 2

One Rune spent several months on the patrol squad at the castle gates. He made many freinds, the best of which was the Sargeant at Arms in charge of the gatehouse. One day the Sargeant and he were having an ale at their favorite tavern, and the Sargeant asked One Rune about his future plans.
    "You seem to be getting bored of the patrol duty, Rune. And I know that you are capable of much greater things. I hate to say it because I don't want to lose a good gaurdsman and a loyal freind, but I think you should think about moving on."
    "I have been thinking much the same thing, Sarge. It's just that I am very comfortable here, and I don't know where to go after this. I am not ready to return home. I have many years before my father will pass his crown to me, and I need to learn much about the world before I can step into his shoes."
    "I may have a few ideas. There are many deeds which need doing, in the name of the King of Algadon. Many carry rich rewards. I have in mind a little charity work for you, to get you out of the barracks and into the world, but soon there are some very special missions which have your name written all over them."
    The sargeant sent One Rune to a little border village which had been ravaged by repeated goblin strikes. The local clans were constantly engaged in petty wars, which left them disunited and vulnerable to the goblins depradations.
    One Rune brought his official gaurdsman's helet with him, as that would identify him to the locals as a representative of the King. First he gathered leaders from the several little villages in the area, which was far from the capitol city, and difficult for the King to protect directly. He pled with the clans leaders to make peace, so that they could unite to fend off the goblins, and he promised a retributive strike from the kings men to support them if they would.
    At length, they swore upon the helmet, which bore the King's badge, to make peace with each other. Then they organized a teams to patrol the outlaying lands near their villages, and another team to rebuild the damaged graineries of the last village which had been raided by the goblins. By working together with the folk of various villages, the people became freinds and the peace between them strengthened.
    The work on the graineries was almost done, and the villagers were gathering in their crops to store within it, when a new goblin strike came out of the dense forest. One Rune rallied the troopers and stood at the front of the battle line, bellowing orders and encouragement to the men. He sucessfully fended off the goblin strike, and then true to his word, he left for the capitol city, and told the King's Chamberlain that the time was ripe for a counterattack.
    The king sent in a company of light horsemen, along with a powerful mage. The goblins were not only driven back into the depths of the forest, but back to the dark cave which was their egress from the underworld. There, the Kings men would go no further, but the Mage used a mighty spell to seal the mouth of the cave forever.
    One Rune returned to the capitol city, leaving the grateful villagers behind. He told his tale to the Sageant at arms at the gate, and resumed his duty there for a little while, waiting for the next important quest to fall upon him.
    Last edited by malakai; 07-15-2010 at 06:14 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to malakai For This Useful Post:

DoomAx (07-20-2010)

Thanks

As a sci-fi/fantasy writer myself, i can only encourage this kind of initiative ( even if you didn't trounced us, we won ).

Thanks

Default On the Transformations of Angels and mages

I, Saudaukar the Sorcerer, spent five years working for the Overlord's Alchemist, gathering rare ingredients and racking up credit in the royal treasury. Not those hyper-inflated gold certificates they issue for monster parts and used weaponry, but real coin, made of precious metals, and proofed with the royal seal. When I had enough, I brought them all to the Royal Academy in Algadon City and began taking instuction for becoming Saudaukar the Mage.
    First were the runes. I had to learn their meanings and the mystic energy formations that they respresented. Then were the combinations, the ones to avoid, the ones which could be used as building blocks for complex spells, and the ones meant to be used alone. At last, when my mind wa bent and twisted by these arcane undrstandings, I was ready for the transformation. My body was prepared with a balm,I was lain naked on a stone table under the moonlight, and the ceremony was begun. My body was infused with arcane energy. It burned with an indescribable pain, I felt reduced to an island of agony for what seemed like an eterity. At length, I passed out from the pain.
    I awoke with the sun shining down on me. An apprentice was sitting nearby, waiting for me to come around. He had covred me with a blanket, and he had a pitcher of water, a loaf of bread and some cheese. I knew the apprentice by sight, but could not recall his name. I saw the look in his eyes and I could tell he had become afraid. He was formal and subservient. I did not really like it, but I had been warned that the transformation would cause this effect on those around me. I had to do with a magical aura, as well as plain old mundane superstition.
    My next plan was to explore the dragon claw cave to gather energy crystals. I used my new skills to write my first unique spell. ( as a sorcerer I had only been able to use spells written by others) This magicked a sturdy backpack made of red dragon skin into being several times larger on the inside than on the outside. I crammed a hundred days worth of provisions into it and descended into the mammoth underground cavern.
    My sojourn there was largely boring, and I did not encouter anything more interesting than a few curious bats. It was when I emerged that things became interesting. It was a three day journey back to the Keep of Clan Atreides, so I devised a haste spell and made it in one long day. I was too late to reach the gatehouse by nightfall, however, and since both the gaurd and the passwords had been changed during my absence, I was stuck staying in the inn in the little village outside.
    I awoke to an alarm and the smell of smoke. I hastily threw my clothes on and ran outside. The keep was burning. The gate was open and soldiers and servants were streaming out. Even the stones appeared to be on fire when I looked more closely, and then I knew that the Clan arcane energy bank had been spilled and set afire via magic.
    Who would do such a thing? I ran toward the keep, Frightened commoners running in the opposite direction parted before me like a stream around a boulder. I realized that my magic aura had begun to glow with my own fury. Inside in the courtyard I could see a dozen broken and collapsed bodies. There, badly bunrt and with at least one wing broken, lay the semi-conscious body of Hotfire, our clan leader. I held his head and checked his breathing. He would survive, but had much healing before him. I asked him what had happened.
    "Traitors from within," he coughed and spat. "They blew the energy vats. We are undone." Then he lost consciousness and I thought that it was best to let him rest. Several Warrior Angels loyal to the now destroyed clan came for him and bore him away to the healers on high. I rummaged through the burning ruins after protecting myself from fire with a hastily comprised spell. In the corner of the courtyard I found the broken body of our former scribe, Malakai the Orc. There were blade marks on him, so I now knew that there had been a raid in the predawn hours. Some one must have let in a raiding party which attacked any resistors and fought their way to the energy supply so that they could destroy us. I summoned a small swarm of sprites and a skullcrusher ogre with my new powers. I bade the sprites lift Malakai and follow me, The Ogre went before me, clearing the way of debris and anyone who might have delayed us. I knew that no Angels would come to save Malakai, and that I would have to do something myself.
    In the village was a old healer who was able to stabilize his condition, but he warned me that Malakai would be crippled and possibly blind. There would be little hope for him, being an orc, even with his eloquence and reputation as a civilized being.
    I arranged to bring him to Algadon City and brought him to the Overlord. I did not know what else to do. I was surprised at the Overlord's answer, for his answer is usually "NO!"
    The overlord suggested that we go through with a transformation into a Warior Angel. I would have thought the process too strenous for his damaged body, but the Overlord corrected me.
    "You are thinking of the process which converted you into a mage. This is different. He will need no special training, and will feel no pain. In fact his broken body will be discarded and will turn to ashes. A new spirit body will be formed of sterner stuff than mortal flesh. I am in a way of knowing he will make it. And he has all the Royal Credits he needs anyway in our vaults, It is not as if he is getting special treatment."
    I bade the Overlord to approve the process forthwith, and began at last to contemplate where I would go from here. Alas, for all my skills and powers, I had no answers.
    Last edited by malakai; 02-10-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: corrections

Thanks

What is all this bro? But i like the poems in the beginning by you......
    Were those self made?

With Regards
    Harinder Singh

Thanks

thank you H,
    These are all original works of Fantasy and Rhyme set in the world of Algadon which we all share. The monsters and equipment and quests are taken from the game and used to help tell a tale. The characters and some events also are based on game events and accounts.
    I hope you enjoy them.
    R

Thanks

Not really though, bro, as i didn't get the time to read so many big big posts of yours, but i read few in the beginnings. And that make me feel you are poetic. And you have the talent of writing poems

With Regards
    Harinder Singh

Thanks

Default special for all players game

and you do not know that the games can cause attachment and, therefore, not all games are allowed in the list, but I want to tell you that he personally checked and nothing wrong with that found freelance writer no

Thanks

Ooooo, since my last visit no post, i expected more of your stories/poems malakai. But make them short so i can read them with ease. LOL.

With Regards
    Harinder Singh