+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

not to mention ive put 3k energy into that quest and no book

Thanks

vlad over 90% of those non 75s are people that registered due to referals or are/were alts of bigger players

Administrator
    Thanks

The issue is this.... We cannot make every single special event item located in the first 10 level quests. What would be the point? It would be far too easy to locate the item. We do sometimes make it in one of the first ones, and we never make it in one of the really high ones. This should be an incentive to be as active as possible and work to further your level. Good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Early on, levels go very quickly with the web version. Special events are available for a week. Unless you're not active and level 1, most players can achieve this goal if they have not already and it is therefore not an issue. If you're not active, that's a different story and indeed the quest may not be available.
    Hmmm..."Early on, levels go very quickly". When was the last time you were a noob player? Like Vlad I work and log on am & pm. I get in some Player Attacks to get Def pts & Gold and do some Quests to get Objects & Attk pts. For now I am content to do that as I am hoping for a better experience as I attain more levels. But I must agree with Vlad that it does take awhile to level up as Energy does not refresh quickly. As a noob I understand you must pay your dues but there is a valid point that Vlad makes as to the bias and that point is sharpened by the fact of all the Lvl one quitters.

Perhaps instead of coming off as flippant , the Admin could be more sympathetic to Noobs and take player advice and state that they will use it to make the game better and then actually do so. Simple rule about a customer's bad experience (and please don't kid yourself, all your players are your 'customers') is that one bad experience will lead to them telling 5 of said experience. In adding up all the LEVEL ONE QUITTERS, I'd say you'd have some thinking to do.

As for some ideas as to make it more entertaining and enticing for newer players it's quite easy....bait. Throw us some Special Tasks / Special Items / Special Drops. These things keep us coming back. I wanna be driving home from work thinking "Can't wait to log in and see what's new." You're not giving that right now. Honestly your game is an after thought to 4 or 5 others I play. You've got your Premium & High Level players locked. They've got Clan Wars to keep them occupied. Now how about growing your noobs.

Here's an idea, tweak the shops with more items for lower level players. I love the Level One Quitters as I get some great Gold from them. Wish I could use that for more Specialty Items. But alas my Gold sits in the Bank earning 1.1%

Just my opinion,

Boomer

Thanks

In the future...I would suggest labelling the special requests what they actually are, rather than saying the requirement is only level 1, when actually you need to be at least level 75, with a defense of level 73, because that is what is needed to earn the other required item, the magic book. So you will be running contest bosses this week for all of us who can't earn the requirements for the special quest. A contest boss who is paying off less gold and energy than a normal boss, or even a regular contest boss. And as far as drops, I have burned through over 1000 energy and have received no drops? So for the next week I can continue to waste my time and energy and actually fall further behind because the payouts are less and the drop odds seem to be drastically lower? Gee thanks. As Boomer said above, this falls under poor customer service, and each of us who feel abused will tell others, so rather than adding people, we will be discouraging others from joining this site.

Thanks

I like the contest boss idea. Only one suggestion, maybe a level cap of 100. My side char is around 150 and can still hit it. Just a suggestion though. *thumbs up*

Administrator
    Thanks

It is limited to level 200 (since we do not currently have the feature to limit by str or def).

Thanks

INSANITY: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Have spent over 2000 energy points today attacking the special boss with no drops...so 0 for over 660 hits? Hmmmmmmm. Let's say there is one winner an hour for the next 6 days...equalling 144 winners who will have the means to even try the special quest. As compared to the 400 who can do the level 75 quest to earn the magic book. Yes, you added something make up for the fact you were shorting all the players under level 75 with your special quest. But those below level 75 are still being shorted. By spending my energy on this special boss I am passing on other quests and bosses where my odds are greater for more gold and experience and drops, in the hope to be one of the lucky 144. This seems about as fair as the Sky Palace fiasco on the MySpace version two weeks ago. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Having to do the same thing over and over again hundreds or thousands of times with little hope of any pay off is not what I would call enjoyable.

Administrator
    Thanks

Just to clarify, contest bosses are not suppose to drop anything unless you get the kill.

Thanks

which is way too hard for me... to much energy to kill the things