+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Thumbs down Special Event Quest

What sense is there to make a supposedly level one quest that requires you complete a level 75 quest to receive the needed item for the level one quest? Over 90% of the players have no chance at this quest??? This online version seems biased against new players...which explains why over 95 % of the players are just level 1 and then quit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vlad666 For This Useful Post:

Boomstick (06-13-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

Early on, levels go very quickly with the web version. Special events are available for a week. Unless you're not active and level 1, most players can achieve this goal if they have not already and it is therefore not an issue. If you're not active, that's a different story and indeed the quest may not be available.

Thanks

Look at how many of your users are below level 75....over 90%. Why are there so many level 1's? Because people see that as a new player they have no chance in this version, and move on to other games where they at least have a chance. The rich get richer and the newbies get put further and further behind.

Thanks

Im a higher level player. Got 15 of them first day.

I can also see exactly where vlad is coming from. Do you really expect a new player to hit level 75, get the book at a random drop rate, AND get the quest item? It is a little skewed, and at least maybe not put the quest at level one to show the players what theyre missing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kevbo For This Useful Post:

vlad666 (06-12-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

I don't believe that is the reason for the number of level 1 players, actually. Also, I'm not sure on your reasoning behind players not being able to succeed in the web version. It's like most any game in this respect. The more time you put in, the more successful you are. Like other games, players that support the game have advantages. Even non-premium players can be successful with enough time put in (there are some users that are a testament of this), though premium helps a lot. Give it a try...as mentioned, if you put in the time, you can easily get to level 75 from your current level before the event ends.

Thanks

what about those players like me who are near 75 but wont be able to finish the quest til at least lvl 90 due to the fact they barely lvled defense so that they can farm bosses early on if you are wondering what character i am look up akurth2003. i have over 100 strength and only like 23 defense... y not put no strength or defense requirement just a flat level requirement for the item.

Thanks

I don't know what math you use...but some of us actually have jobs...so by logging on in the morning before work and at night...I'm lucky to advance 2 levels a day. Even if I was here 24 hours a day I couldn't earn enough energy at my level to advance to 75 in a weeks time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vlad666 For This Useful Post:

kevbo (06-13-2010)

Thanks

Even though I am a a high ranked player, I truly have to sympathize with the newbies. At least drop the "Book of Vales" to a lower ranked quest around level 25 or something so these new players can achieve a "Win". This is what keeps them coming back. Trust me these newbies NEED all the help they can get.

Having that quest at 25 is out of range for most newbies that are on the cusp of continuing to play the game or quitting... please be kind and think of this.

I don't want to be ungrateful for the cool special quest, but think about your newbie players.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PrinCyz For This Useful Post:

kevbo (06-13-2010)

Thanks

Less than 400 players are level 75 needed to complete the quest needed to earn the magic book, and even less have a defense of 73 that is needed to complete that quest. So less than 400 players out of your supposedly 13400 players even have a chance at this special quest. I'm a level 22 and have no chance because even playing 6 days of 24 hours straight could I even reach level 75 because the energy doesn't regenerate fast enough.

Thanks

It's also common sense to see where something is severely biased towards premium players. And it is insulting to list something as a level 1 quest when actually you need to be at least level 75 to own the requirements. Algadon is actively trying to recruit new members through other games and even myspace, but by the way they run things here most who try this version leave in less than a week. Over half leave after one day. If they want to just be a premium game then fine, because they have shown me no reason for me to ever become a premium member. But if they want new members they need to do something to entice and encourage new members, not discourage them like they did with this special quest that over 13000 of their supposed members have no chance to reap the rewards from.