+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Mystik Media! What you have done again?!

You design this new Wrath cloak making old players like idiots!
    1 Wrath cloak for 5500 coins is more powerful than 5 BeastSlayer cloaks which cost 5x4500=22500 coins. You treat all us loyal players who spent hundreds US dollors buying old cloaks as idiots?
    You keep doing this to destroy/hurt the balance of this game as well as the feeling of loyal players of this game.

Just what are you thinking you are doing in mind?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gclu For This Useful Post:

jennywhy67 (07-13-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

Not at all. This is a very limited time, special item. It's not one to replace another, but to supplement anything you may have.

Thanks

Admin, what is wrong with your logic?
    Are you trying to say we old players will become idiots for limited time, say, 1 week only?

Within this 1 week, all players who pay to buy Wrath cloaks beat old players like hell, no matter if it is within this limited time period or not. You are making ridiculous assumptions that those who paid $300 dollors for RCs to buy 7 BeastSlayer cloaks can "JUST" pay another some $300 to buy this time limited Wrath cloaks.
    We are not so rich like BILL GATES, remember this!
    Last edited by gclu; 07-13-2010 at 07:27 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gclu For This Useful Post:

DoomAx (07-20-2010), jennywhy67 (07-13-2010)

Thanks

I am an older player, as in playing this game for a little while and have come to realize that although I have spent some money on this game, it was by my choice. I know that with time comes new things. This I mac I am typing on for instance, which I bought right before Christmas, is already almost outdated. I paid good, hard earned money for it, it was the top dawg at the time, yet this past week end when I went to the Apple store, low and behold there was a new model that blew mine away. Fortunately for me it doesn't happen with relationships and marriages, my wife would've traded me a long time ago... But do you see where I am going? It happens even faster with the gaming industry, especially in this game. We have peeps that have started months after me and are smoking me at will (Wave, Tyreal, Aura yes some are no longer with us but you get the idea) so how is one to keep pace when you can not go back to Killer Siafu and farm fruits like these younger smarter people are. Therefore if older people are to have a chance they need an equalizer, a new cloak. yes i agree on part that t shouldn't be available to all and it is limited to those above 100 at least. So, with all that being said. things change, people change, games change. Sometimes we have to make tough choices in life that are not going to make everyone or anyone happy. It is up to each individual to come to terms within themselves to come to terms with those changes and make that decision for them self, you always have a choice. No one is wanting anyone to leave the game, ever! I can promise you that, but on the other hand, no one is holding a gun to any one's head forcing anyone to spend money either....

I really hope I helped somewhat. I truly love the game and am at a crossroads myself. GCLU, you and I have a long history of friendship and even some tough times. I think this also is a bump that can be worked out.

Thanks

Batdan, I have never seen a game administrator so short-sighted developing its game to keep hurting game balance as well as feelings of loyal players. For anyone who has a bit sense of "consumer rights", this Mystik Media behavior is equivalent to scam.

Thanks

It's obvious to some of us, but apparently the developer(s) doesn't care.

I don't care if there are new "toys". It is my choice to buy them or not, but...

If a level 100 player purchases the wrath cloak, the huge damage increase allows them to farm bosses for unlimited items (stones, courage masks, etc). This becomes a loop as the player mines objects that increase strength, energy regen, extra-damage, which allows them to kill bosses faster.

"Older" players can never catch up.

I complained before about the fact that low level players were able to do outrageous damage by purchasing items. I was pretty much ignored. I expect to be ignored again.

I have to assume that there is exactly one reason for the introduction of these items in this way; Money. "Limited time" generally means that someone will shell out real cash to get the RCs to buy it, rather that getting them through playing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Seapig For This Useful Post:

jennywhy67 (07-13-2010)

Thanks

I agree with gclu and seapig. its new cloak is absurd. i am a "newer" player as i just started playing a little over a month ago. and already im being CRUSHED by players who started last week. i have spent $130 on the game. and it seems to have done me no good. not everyone can afford to spend $300 on RCS everytime a new cloak comes out. and the fact that you can stack this cloak 5 times is absoute insanity. how is one to compete with that

Thanks

It would seem as an unfair trade off and abuse of veteran players but what game do you see that doesnt do this method. Account for the players who do have bigger wallets, they are key customers. Sure you play alot and spent $100 or so but if things were not updated what challenge would you face. And the cost to run a server is alot more than people account for, on a low side its 10k a month for most gaming servers. They have to have some way to get the money to keep the game going.

Moral values are not a question or priority in a gaming community, marketing is the lifeline of everyday life. We hate tax's but we pay them, dont pay a tax and what happens, you lose that luxury.

Thanks

Zack, your government doesn't have good capability and good long term vision to well plan/manage/architect your country's future. Every now and then they always lead to serious financial deficit and then they always design something new to lure more new immigrants at the cost of original ppl's money. And they government tell their ppl: "donate something otherwise you will lost everything including your homeland". So the older ones need to keep donating their hard earned money, with tears, because if they don't they will lost everything.

Is that exactly your point?
    Last edited by gclu; 07-15-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks

Well, I guess I've been too subtle. How about this:

1. When a newbie asks me what they should spend, my answer will always be: $25, and not one cent more. Premium is worth the price, and should be sufficient to maintain the game. If that is not enough, the game won't be here long.
    2. I will NEVER spend another cent on this game.
    3. I will NEVER recommend this game to anyone.

Games are always a question of balance. This game is using the Magic: The Gathering expansion plan; keep introducing more powerful (cards/items), so that players must keep spending money or they are left in the dust.

This game will fail in that approach, however. Players don't HAVE to play in a manner that requires constant cash. I've chosen that path. I'll run the quests and attack the bosses. I don't HAVE to attack other players, so it doesn't matter to me how hard I hit, or how hard they hit. I'll enjoy my time in the clan chat room (or not), and it costs me nothing.