+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ridicules...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Anon, your constant conspiracy theory stance is becoming too much. It certainly was not "collusive", and it was not one single clan that was using this method. Many people were doing it (obviously with how much correspondence we have received regarding the issue). Also, no one was getting 10,000 RCs per day. We're certainly not saying that it was not bad, which is why immediate action was taken, but it was not that bad.

Best case would have been that they were never allowed to be sold for credits. However, the ship has sailed on that, of course.
    So months ago you *did not* give players in WoD administrative responsibilities in the game?

So HellHound/Basher *is not really* chat coordinator?

So game player/administrators *do not really* have a vested interest in the outcome of the game?

So you *did not know* that the WoD clan and alts spread the word about the 1100 loophole? Where have *you* been? Who has been administering the game in your absence? Rok/Tomb? The cheater you forgave and allowed back into the game?

I like Seapig's suggestions on repairs to your client relations.

Why do *you think* have an F rating with the North Carolina Better Business Bureau for lack of responsiveness and failure to submit information?

Take a guess !

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antilles View Post
    So months ago you *did not* give players in WoD administrative responsibilities in the game?
    Correct. No actual players have any admin controls in the game. Anything else you have heard is a false rumor.

So HellHound/Basher *is not really* chat coordinator?
    HellHound/Basher created the chat channel the game uses. So, he is an owner of the chat...nothing else.

So game player/administrators *do not really* have a vested interest in the outcome of the game?
    Not sure I understand this question properly. No administrators are active players, and there is no favor on one player/clan over another.

So you *did not know* that the WoD clan and alts spread the word about the 1100 loophole? Where have *you* been? Who has been administering the game in your absence? Rok/Tomb? The cheater you forgave and allowed back into the game?

Thanks

I am a new player compared to the dedicated people posting here. However, from my point of view it seems that you do have a bias here. I am ignoring all references to names/players. I am simply talking about the game itself.

If there are loop holes that allow people to exploit the game, why are they still active? If there are players that have used this to an unfair advantage, why have they not been dealt with? What is the point of buying RC's when others are allowed to farm them for free? What benefit do you offer of being "fair" to anyone that is new when people have abused the system for so long? How are people like me that play the game, buy RC's or not, supposed to be able to compete with other players that can exploit the game?

The answer is we can not, EVER! You have created a glass ceiling when exploit one was mentioned to you (as i read in an early page) to help cut back on people taking advantage. However, you seem to let 'some' players slip through a crack up there cause they are beyond any normal limits. I see their gear page and wonder how much money did they spend to acquire all that loot. Then I read up on this and understand why. I guess I should have come to the game a long time ago and gotten "in" with the right crowd. Because regardless of clan loyalties, that seems to be how it is.

Now you have created two echelons, the whole us and them mentality if you will. I am proud to be a part of the US crowd. Players who play the game and have respect for it and other players. I very much dislike the THEM players who continue to abuse the system. Might I mention it is a system you created and COULD FIX if you took the time. You have it now set up that the US people can never attain the same level of ability, be able to compete in wars, bounty, etc etc with THEM players because you have made Algadon Gods of them!

Way to go, you took a great game here and crapped it all up. I play, only because of the class of players in my clan and some of the ones I meet along the way. However, you may be looking at an eventual exodus of Algadon because you can't seem to hear what the people are asking! Fix the game, follow some of the suggestions or not that were offered, but good lord, fix it. Otherwise, what is truly the point if there is no reason to play.... meaning "hey new guy come play this game and grind your butt off getting level up, but keep in mind your just fodder for the exploiters!! HAVE FUN!"

So think about it Mr. Admin person, is it really that much of a pain to either cap people out or take back some of their gear (giving them some form of FAIR compensation if deserved), to remove obvious exploits of farming RC's, to make the game what it used to be, FUN! Just wanted to throw my .02 out at you and give you some thoughts from the little guys around here that are just starting out.

I hope you come to a positive realization and do what's right, cause that's truly all that is asked of you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fengaral For This Useful Post:

Antilles (11-14-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

After reviewing everyone's feedback (mostly via the contact form, but also here in the forum), we have limited the quest, as seems to be the popular suggestion here as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    After reviewing everyone's feedback (mostly via the contact form, but also here in the forum), we have limited the quest, as seems to be the popular suggestion here as well.
    I guess I'll trust you on that. It must have been a great outpouring in the contact form, since not one person recommended that in the forum.

Administrator
    Thanks

It was recommended to 3000 in this thread.

Thanks

I see, Anon recommended 3000, you cap it at 2500. That makes it so much better.

I'll have to remember to send you a Christmas card.

Thanks

Default clan wars

What about clan wars and new clans? If your clan doesnt have one of these super charactrrs in it youre doomed.

Thanks

Angry Still bullshit!!!

Putting a stupid cap on the quest is one thing, but not returning the resell value to it original place is CRAP!!!! One, we are all capped in this game, because it is not growing or adapting quick enough. Two, you allowed those that knew about it and informed others, to rape that quest and come up in LI's, but know that you are called on it Chris you do as you always do...the least and most unjust you can come up with. The BS cap is fine...we can all learn to deal with that...but YOU NEED TO REINSTATE THE RESELL VALUE TO 18 OR BETTER. STOP MESSING AROUND WITH THIS AND MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!

Thanks

first off - the correct spelling is Ridiculous - of course spell check wouldn't help you because ridicules is a word too.

I didn't even think about farming quests for potions until it was mentioned to me. So I got very few credits using it. I in no way got strong through farming credits. My regen is far less than most people my level because I went for str instead of energy regen.

I was already punished for using a bot with tomb - he was bannned.

This continued slander against me and the rest of WoD is malicious and needs to stop.

Just like people who start today and don't have access to any special quests from before - you failed to take advantage of the quest before it was changed - too bad. Don't like it - quit playing.

I think the cap should be even lower or even made to be 1 time only like
    Repair the Oransted Watermill

There is no reason to do the quest more than one time once you have the key.

Or take the potions out of those quests altogether - 300 energy back from a quest that take nearly 8000 to complete is pointless.

Don't give in to the whiners when you are losing money - if they quit who cares - they were not spending money on the game anyway.
    tomb / rok / Legendary Bounty Hunter