+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ridicules...

Administrator
    Thanks

Just to clarify, no one is listening to only one clan. This has been thoroughly considered. Initially, disabling the sell of potions all together was the plan, which would indeed be the best solution long-term with how much energy players have "these days". However, a compromise was made to still allow them for sale at 50%.

PS - if it were to have been level limited, it would be limited to 2000 rather than 3000 anyway. However, it is not the direction that has been chosen for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Just to clarify, no one is listening to only one clan. This has been thoroughly considered. Initially, disabling the sell of potions all together was the plan, which would indeed be the best solution long-term with how much energy players have "these days". However, a compromise was made to still allow them for sale at 50%.

PS - if it were to have been level limited, it would be limited to 2000 rather than 3000 anyway. However, it is not the direction that has been chosen for this.
    So in essence what you are saying is:

1. You knowingly approved of and allowed this to go on for months on end.
    2. You have given all of the higher end players an extreme ADVANTAGE
    3. You are going to continue giving them this advantage
    4. You have halfed the price of the disadvantaged players that the advantaged players had for months.

How anyone would not call this favoritism is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Chris, if I had not brought this to your attention the other day, exactly how long would this have gone on for?

C'mon dude, don't insult the intelligence of the players that play your game.

note* - With the extreme advantage gained by this exploit, there is absolutely NO WAY for existing players to be able to catch up. It's a mathematical FACT.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anon For This Useful Post:

Antilles (11-12-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

No, we did not knowingly allow it to go on for months. As I have already stated to you outside of the forum (which begs the question why you keep stating the same thing when it has already been addressed), we did not realize how bad it was until recently, at which point it was changed.

Thanks

No, we did not knowingly allow it to go on for months. As I have already stated to you outside of the forum (which begs the question why you keep stating the same thing when it has already been addressed), we did not realize how bad it was until recently, at which point it was changed.
    When I found an exploit, I reported it to you. It was a legitimate play though. How is this any different than that? I mean I could have exploited to my hearts content and never said anything to you and the return on Royal Credits would have put this whole issue to shame, and you know that.

Do you remember your exact words to me if you had logging enabled and would have found anyone doing it?

Same principles apply here. But you seem to want to overlook this for reasons that appear to be unexplainable.

But to move on from that point; You claim to have made a compromise.

Who exactly did you make a compromise for? If I did the mission now, I wold only be getting 9 RC's on the resell. That leaves me at a disadvantage, because the others have exploited this and were receiving 18 RC's per resell.

So when you say you made a compromise, what you are really saying is your buddies got caught, and now you had to fix it, but will still allow them to continue to use the methodology, but only at half price now, since they already had their fair share of an extremely huge advantage.

This whole fiasco wreaks of collusion Chris.

The funniest thing is you have the ability built into the script and are refusing to use it.

Then you state that it would be a cap of 2,000. Well, it takes a whole hell of a lot of str and/or def to level up when you hit level 2,000 for that is the quadrupling point of leveling. These players were once level 2,000 too while doing this, and had a full 1,000 levels and with some, almost double that of 2,000 levels (almost level 4,000) to keep using this exploit.

The bottom line is cloaks will sell. Money will be made regardless. This just appears to be an issue with your game playing buddies who have told you to let them keep their advantage, well, because they are your e-bud-e's
    Last edited by anon; 11-12-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

Again, you keep saying that. No one is being given any special consideration as "buddies".

Thanks

Again, you keep saying that. No one is being given any special consideration as "buddies".
    And you keep failing to comprehend the extreme disadvantage you have bestowed on EVERYONE who was NOT abusing this.

You '*think* you have made a compromise', but you have in fact disabled everyone BUT those who use it.

You also failed to answer a question I had asked regarding whether you would have ever of done anything about it had I not notified you.

Administrator
    Thanks

It was known to be done before anyone said something about it. What was not realized is how many potions players were able to obtain on a daily basis.

Thanks

It was known to be done before anyone said something about it. What was not realized is how many potions players were able to obtain on a daily basis.
    OK, and so if I had never of informed you of that other exploit, and I would have been acquiring miscellaneous items like grails, arks, wings, crystal flowers and literally, just from one alone3,500 Royals Credits (with the ability to obtain over 10,000 Royals Credits daily) It would have been OK, because it was doable and without manipulation, and not many were doing it?

Why did you get on that to disable it immediately then? This is the same principal.

You are showing extreme bias and collusive behavior here.

Administrator
    Thanks

Anon, your constant conspiracy theory stance is becoming too much. It certainly was not "collusive", and it was not one single clan that was using this method. Many people were doing it (obviously with how much correspondence we have received regarding the issue). Also, no one was getting 10,000 RCs per day. We're certainly not saying that it was not bad, which is why immediate action was taken, but it was not that bad.

Best case would have been that they were never allowed to be sold for credits. However, the ship has sailed on that, of course.

Thanks

You yet still failed to answer a simple question.

I know you just want to sit back in your chair and rake in money. I understand the game wasn't set in place to not do that, however, occasionally instances will arise that need to be addressed because it has unbalanced the game in its entirety of fairness. That is when you, as the owner really need to step up and put things back in balance and alleviate that balance back to a healthy stance. You just seem to really not care at this point, and are refusing to even listen to what people have to say and take it into consideration.

You've given a handful of players a distinct advantage over everyone else, and even if that includes any nomads, it's all the same.