+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks

For admins - actually it is a serious problem as well, sir, 3 months before when hot lola was guiding algadon users to password stealer site then i lost crazyrx account of my friend rajpatel9090. It's password was unrecoverable as the email registered with crazyrx is yahoo.com but i don't know how it changed by itself. I gave password to admins for my email as well, but still i was not helped in recovering the password for that. Now that account is dead, as it was weak and hacker may have just thrown it, as it is of no use to him/her.

I am simply saying that security of game needs little more concern especially regarding emails and passwords. There should be additional options for the recovery of passwords and changing email if it changes knowingly or unknowingly (As domain might be changed, in some cases, and many other things might happen to the domain, with whom our email is registered)

It is suggested that back2eight should be helped as i know that nothing is hidden from admins. And they can still confirm whether back2eight is genuine or not via ip address and possibly by other ways as well.

I am sorry if i said anything wrong, i didn't meant to hurt anyone. And i am not forcing admins to help back2eight. It's simply my opinion and it is in best interests to help him, he doesn't seem to be wrong. I don't know about Paypal disputes, that he is in, though. But still........

Some things needs to be worked out, rather than closing eyes for some rules and policies.

Thanks

thank you mailmeharry, the security is lax, and when an account has a problem the admin's policy has been just to say oh well, nothing I can do..... but that is not acceptable because people pay money to play this game and put a lot of time into it. There has to be a better way to recover a character when there is a problem. My situation got fixed now, but I know there are still others who have had their accounts messed up and they haven't gotten things straightened out.

One problem I see is that people share characters sometimes. I have done it with mine, and I have had others give me their password so I could use their character if needed. This is being done because of wars. If officers had the ability to start a clan war, I think that would cut down on password sharing. That is the reason that I know of that people share passwords, so that a war can be started when the leader is not online. The other reason may be if a person knows he can't play for a few weeks but wants a friend to sign on and do the search for treasure.

Administrator
    Thanks

I would like to reply on the comment of "lax security". This is very much not the case. The game is very secure at this stage. Also, we always try to help users if we can. Everything may not be as immediate as some would like, but we certainly work to help players.

Indeed, the biggest problem is that people share their account information, which can cause problems.

Thanks

Default Reply to admins

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I would like to reply on the comment of "lax security". This is very much not the case. The game is very secure at this stage. Also, we always try to help users if we can. Everything may not be as immediate as some would like, but we certainly work to help players.

Indeed, the biggest problem is that people share their account information, which can cause problems.

Sorry, sir, i never said that it is unsecure, and i know that admins try to help their users as quickly as possible. And i never asked for immediate action.

And the the biggest problem you have written is said for me, i know that, lols, but i share them with trusted guys only, with whom i have been chatting from months and some are brothers and sisters. I am sorry for that also. But i am that way only, i trust my friends, even if they are pen friends or net friends and i still share it with 5 users of algadon. But as per ur warning, i won't share it with anyone else. SORRY, SORRY, SORRIES.

And thanks for helping back2eight.
    Last edited by mailmeharry2008; 12-31-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks

allowing officers to have the ability to start wars would cut down some of the password sharing. That is the main reason that I know of that people share a password.

Thanks

Default one betrayer

Quote Originally Posted by back2eight View Post
    allowing officers to have the ability to start wars would cut down some of the password sharing. That is the main reason that I know of that people share a password.

Yes back2eight is right. I primarily gave my password to clanmates, trusting them, and most of them keep my trust except for one.