+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Default clan update suggestions

I thought I was time to actually make a new thread for this so here is goes with my suggestions (with more to come) for revamping the clan war system

1. Rejuv cloaks should no longer work while a clan is at war for anything. Outside of war they will act as normal. If a rejuv cloak is used before a war the time is “paused” and resumes immediately after the war is over. (this helps protect someone that gets ambushed right after they spend so much on the item)
    a. Possible twist would be to allow the option in a formal war with the default set to “no”
    b. Instead of immediately resuming they get a “depleted rejuv cloak” that has the remaining time on It so they can train when they choose. The war would probably have depleted a large portion of energy.

2. Create clan factions that can be updated after 30 days. They will be designated “Berserker” ,“Settler” and “Overseer”. Each having its own abilities as well as pro’s & con’s
    ---Berserker: can start a war 6 hours after the end of their last one. They can ambush and be ambushed by any other berserker designated clan. They may also enter into formal wars. Pending formal wars do not prevent a clan from ambushing or being ambushed. Only one war at a time. Semi formal wars are also allowed.
    --1% increase to attack while in a berserker clan, effective against bosses and players, both inside and outside of war. Special quest missions that can only be completed by a berserker clan
    ---Settler: can participate in formal wars. Up to 2 wars may be pending at once. Forced wars are not allowed in clans designated “settler”. Wars must be 24 hours apart at the least. Only one war at a time.
    --1% increase to defense while in a settler clan, effective against bosses and players, both inside and outside of wars. Special quests missions that can only be completed by a settler clan
    ---Overseer: can participate in formal wars. Wars can take place as soon as 12 hours after the last war. Cannot impose forced wars but can impose semi formal wars, a war that is announced 24 hours in advance and can only be called off by surrender. Only one semi formal war can be pending at a time.
    --.5% increase to both attack and defense while in a overseer clan, effective against bosses and players, both inside and outside of wars. Special quests that can be completed by either berserker or settler clans (some are still exclusive to each).
    a. The semi formal war feature, if implemented would not be like the pending formal war loophole because only surrendering, a loss, would prevent an actual war.
    b. The 30 day period is the minimum wait period before changing. The only way to alter this is to attack a clan with a non-formal war after the 25th day. Each new war after this will extend the period 5 days after the war ends.

3. Create “clan credits” a non purchasable currency that can be used to purchase special items and power ups for the clan. They could be automatically deposited each day when a member logs in or a daily quest, either way members would not control them. It would remain in the clan vault until the leader (or possibly officers) spent them. Along with logging in each day a clan could also earn credits for war achievements. These would apply to such awards such as 25, 100, and 500 kills in a war as well as larger one time bonuses for a certain number of war wins. The special quests could give the possibility of clan credits as well.
    The rewards purchased could be “clan sticky” or “member sticky” meaning that it will either occur for anyone in the clan as long as they are in the clan, including new members, or it would only apply to members in the gang at that time and they could leave the gang and still retain them. The rewards could also be active all the time, only when at war, and only outside of war
    Reward examples:
    -1-5% increase to attack or defense
    - .1% increase to daily bank interest (up to 5%) could be either for the clan bank or personal bank
    - 1-5k increase regain
    - 1-5 energy regain
    - increases to damage in wars, higher than that ¼ or so cap that is now in place.
    - decrease to energy cost of an attack in clan war
    - decrease in energy cost for some quests
    - “free attack” possibility. Ex 1 in 15 attacks does not cost energy
    - luck increases
    The degree of each of these and where they function will affect the cost

4. the special quests that are available to those in clans would produce some special gear with similar attributes as the clan wide power ups available to the whole clan. Clan credits could be possible rewards as well. The item rewards would e slightly different in appearance and stats depending on the designation of the clan

There are probably a few more things to add to this list and quite a few holes to be shot in it and repaired before admin will consider it but I think that these will be the best ways to revamp the clan system, and it really needs it. If you do want to give your opinion it might be better to just quote small parts rather than this obnoxiously long post. Thank you.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a pinnapple For This Useful Post:

akidma (03-29-2011), Hjbob (03-26-2011), mailmeharry2008 (03-26-2011)

Thanks

Hmmm, whole game would be needing re-coding after this, but surely it will become even better game after all this. I think Chris Sir, should apply this, or if not possible then take the above said points in consideration, to do the programming and slowly implementing all the above said things one by one.

Nice work pinnapple
    Last edited by mailmeharry2008; 03-26-2011 at 02:03 AM.

With Regards
    Harinder Singh

Thanks

yes i think it would be a ton of work for chris which is why i wanted the idea polished before he would consider it. i think point 1 and possibly creating a few general clan only quests would be simple areas to start

and to make an edit to my second point. it really wouldn't be fair for a berserker clan with 100 members to be facing one that has merely 10. forced wars could be limited to clans with a certian total points worth. meaning that the kill point value of each member be adding up for a clan total. only comparable values could wage a forced war. semi formal wars, with the ability to add new members to fight in it up until the time of the war, would still be allowed.

slightly related to this, i think that everyone should be able to see thier own point value, and have a list for the clan leader similar to the one we see of our opponent's during a clan war. this would help with strategy a lot.

and dont think i'll be offended if you hate an idea or three of mine, debate about it irons out the bugs, and there might be some polls that need taking.

Thanks

great ideas, the different clan types would help alot. could start by just having 1 type that allows amaushes and formal wars and 1 type with formal only.

Thanks

as i commented earlier i know this would be a huge undertaking to reprogram so i'll offer a little input as to how it could be profitable as well.

with the clan only quests create some new legendary items that are requirements for some of the higher paying ones (just a few) along with some that require premium membership. the items would act more like premium premium membership and create a new window for cash flow while not being too much of an obstical for those that cannot afford to keep getting new items.

there could also be some "clanwide" quests and events where the entire clan must strive for something, such as killing a boss or completing a quest x amount of times, to get some unlocks. with rewards to match the difficulty this could be a great way to bring people back into clans. this could also have some role in creating a better ranking system.

--------

since a reward of the quests would be clan credits and they would be deposited into a clan bank, there should be someway to check. there could be a sort of "leaderboard" where everyone in the clan could see who is getting the clan the most points (more reason to buy the legendary items to increase ones input). for the leaderoard there could be both a running total and weekly/monthly total.
    Last edited by a pinnapple; 03-27-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: didnt want to make another post

7. The Following User Says Thank You to a pinnapple For This Useful Post:

mailmeharry2008 (03-28-2011)

Thanks

Yes, this will give little power and life to the concept of clan and clan wars as well. In one of my earlier threads i too suggested this one, but pinnapple's idea is much better than that.
    Clan credits is also a better idea as compared to mine.

But one drawback for all the above posted ideas would be the complexity in the game. Currently the game is very simple, even illiterate could understand the concept easily/ or after little experience. But after implementing your suggested ideas it would be adding many factors in the game, that would make the game much more complex.

So i think there should be some other but still similar plan that should be introduced. And i hope pinapple could counter this problem as well.
    Last edited by mailmeharry2008; 03-28-2011 at 02:03 AM.

With Regards
    Harinder Singh

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mailmeharry2008 For This Useful Post:

a pinnapple (03-28-2011)

Thanks

yes it would increase the complexity of the game in many aspects. that is not necessarily a bad thing, but i believe you are right in that this would be too much too soon.

the third faction, that of overseer as well as the stat boosts wouldnt add as much substance as they would complexity so i dont mind withdrawing my proposel for that. the berserker and settler ( maybe better names would be active and passive?) would be differentiated by the wars that they could impose. the method of becoming one or the other is complex but no simpler alternative can be agreed on.

as for the clan credits and special quests, these would be at the discretion of the admin to implement at will. they would certainly add another dimention to the game and increase its complexity but this would only effect those in clans, members that usually have some grasp of the game already. the idea itself and the rewards would be a huge undertaking but i think that the investment would be worth it, making the game good for more than just a few clicks a day.

again, feedback and rebuttles are appreciated. i would especially like to hear what admin's take on this is.

Thanks

Bump….
    and to add some more suggestions (or revive old ones), how about expanding clan hierarchy. Right now there are clan leaders and “officers” with very little extra power. Making more of a multi tier system would greatly add to future modifications. Examples of improvements would be ability for more than one person to declare a war, tiering max withdrawals, and merit based prestige that would get more active people into clans. Admin had said they would be working on it but nothing has come about yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Clan officers will have the capability for more power in the future.
    Also, how about giving the option of alliances, where it would not be possible to attack the other clan no matter what, with an annulment requiring either both parties consent or a span of time before ratification. This would help clear up the somewhat formal alliances that can be withdrawn or forgotten at any time.

To help increase clans as a part of algadon something must be done to help with recruiting, such as a tab that showcases clans and helps new (and old) members looking for a clans to find one that will fit their tastes and help them keep interest in the game. There could be a lot to go into this so I’ll probably make another post later unless someone beats me to it.

The final thing that I can think of to add to this clan revamp would be halls of fame. For overall there could be both clan and individual halls that mark the top 10 or so and for clan only members could have positions for overall stats and stats of the last war (easier for rewards to be distributed fairly)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to a pinnapple For This Useful Post:

mailmeharry2008 (04-05-2011)

Thanks

Smile Cool

Another good and appreciated suggestion

With Regards
    Harinder Singh