+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Default When are the contests coming?

Just wondering, I love the game but would really like to see a contest or something to get more people online at once.

Administrator
    Thanks

Opps. Apologies for missing this post. ...didn't expect to see one in this section since it was intended only for posts from this side. In any case, the contests are next on the to-do list after the current feature that has been in works for the past month+. Should not be long after that. We're hoping to have this one finished in the next few days.

Thanks

looks like it is comming soon now

Administrator
    Thanks

Check the news for this. Follow-up here after the contest event with feedback.

Thanks

the contest seemed pretty good, i stopped early with the test contest due to running out of energy. the already adjusted experiance for the real contest will be more incentive to heal up. i think it would also be a good idea to give something to the "losers" of the contest, either offer a participation medal for the first attack on the boss, for each person, (possibly with small bonuses such as +1-5 in a skill) or have small items drop after attacking the boss. the item would be like getting money for a regular boss, you wouldnt have to kill the boss to get it and more people would be able to walk away with something

Thanks

I like pinnapple's idea a lot! It'd feel much more like you were actually doing progress if you got something usefull on every third or even each attack, instead of only on kills.

Also, please make when the time is more clear. Is it greenwhich time or american time or what ?

Administrator
    Thanks

There will not likely be drops other than on kill. That's what makes the kill the goal and the result special.

The time zone US Eastern Time.

Thanks

The contest are great. Winning is fun, however the results are skewed towards the players with the most energy. I have several suggestions for you to consider
    1. Run 2 contests, 1 for levels 500 and up and 1 for levels less than 500.
    2. Allow the purchase of an "unlimited energy token" for use during thew contests
    3. allow players to put aside energy for use in the contests. Something like a quest.

After level 400 players start to collect wings and other items and have the chance for greater energy storage and can beat away longer. Players like the knight are just about out before they start.
    The token gives every player an equal shot. You could have 1 token/game. Cost about 5credits.
    With putting aside energy,again it gives each player an equal amount to work with. You could cap it at say 700 energy.
    Just something to consider.

Thanks

I agree with Tananda... I wondered about that myself. How fair is this to lower level players with little to no energy or damage points. I agree with some form of "buy in" and then unlimited energy then its "may the fastest fingers win".

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PrinCyz View Post
    I agree with Tananda... I wondered about that myself. How fair is this to lower level players with little to no energy or damage points. I agree with some form of "buy in" and then unlimited energy then its "may the fastest fingers win".
    Damage points are not an issue. That is, the same level of damage is done to all players...all players would need to heal after the same number of attacks.