+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default What the HECK does Defense DO!?

It appears to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Like, raising your Defense level, as with Strength, increased Max HP by 5. But that's it. What the heck does Equip Defense even do either? I've not seen ANY type of damage soaking/damage reduction, so what's the point of calling it "Defense" if it doesn't "Defend" against anything? I don't understand what the purpose of racking up any type of "Defense" in this game is, if nothing happens when you do. Perhaps the develepor(s) will find a way to make it soak up damage?
    Last edited by Koh; 08-29-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Typos...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Koh For This Useful Post:

Timgray (01-13-2013)

Thanks

Lol, it appears you are angry, lol. Calm down...
    Defense actually do work, but only on PvP, not on the bosses in the game.

And the defense part is backbone of this game. For instance, my mmh is currently at about little less than lvl 1700, and i raise just strength (it's in thousands), though my def is merely in 300 count, so it helps me level up slow to benefit out max from the available bosses. And mathematically too, def and equip def do work.... but only if you are attacking some real player.
    So chill and relax

With Regards
    Harinder Singh

Thanks

I'm not mad, I just fail to see the logic behind Defense NOT defending. It makes entirely NO sense whatsoever. And I get the Slow Leveling thing, because I'm doing that to farm for fruits, but you know, I'd still like Defense to DO something, rather than just be a silent variable.

Thanks

Defense make sense when your objective is to reduce damage against high strength players/bosses ... i know that at the begin doesn't help the defense and it is ebbtter to focus only on strength to build better your character in terms of HP, NRG and boss damage

Thanks

at a certain point (high level players) defence will make sense a little bit ... for the glory to be unbeatable or something similar

Thanks

a lot of high players has a huge strength and a poor defense ... other has both balanced

Thanks

Defense is not a silent variable. It is working..... I told ya that it is not meant for bosses only, on players it works normally.

And that makes sense as well, as bosses are mythical monsters and some are mythical gods as well, so they have their natural defenses rather than equip defense..... And natural attacks....

So the bosses have resistance to your eqp def.
    Thank god they don't have resistance to your eqp str, or they would have been immortal, lol

Last edited by mailmeharry2008; 08-29-2011 at 10:29 PM.

With Regards
    Harinder Singh

Thanks

yes koh ur defense makes more of a difference then u think u need major equipment defense in order to battle with the higher lvl players who have massive strength ur base defense does not need to b high in order to b effective u could virtually go through the game with absolutely no base defense if u want as long as ur constantly able to obtain equipment defense but u also would not be able to do the quests which at lower levels dont drop items really worth having but higher level quests drop items that r a must for ur character make sure u just train ur base strength when leveling but get all the equipment defense u can to make sure u can take the hits that big players can deal

Thanks

yes and the point mentioned by kil9012 also proves that how def is backbone of the game....
    It is all complex programming mathematics, lol

With Regards
    Harinder Singh

Thanks

This is the reason that the legendary items rewarded in special quests are "good" in defence than the strength