View Poll Results: What do you think of the item damage feature?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like it. Don't think weapons and armor should damage.

16 51.61%
  • I like it. Let's keep it!

1 3.23%
  • I like it, but think it should not happen as often as it did during the test.

1 3.23%
  • It should be percentage based, where an item becomes unusable after reaching 100%, needing repair.

13 41.94%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Administrator
    Thanks

Default Weapon/Armor Damage

We have received a lot of feedback regarding the weapon/armor damage feature that was going into place today. There are a couple things that were confusing, and they would, of course, be addressed. However, from what we have heard so far, many do not seem to be in favor of the feature. We had the feature in place early on in the game, but did not get this sort of feedback at the time. So, we're putting up a few options to get feedback. No need to submit a reply (unless you want to do so), but take a minute to vote for which option you think would be best...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

Arturo98 (10-06-2010)

Thanks

Legendary items should be immune. Period.
    The repair function also happened too often you would have a lot of stealing going on if everyone was just lurking around waiting for you to not only eat but to get repaired as well. I would also like to see the damage take effect after the hit, not during. This way your weapon/armor is reported as being damaged but the effects take place on the next hit
    Last edited by Tananda; 02-11-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks

Lightbulb Worn stuff should stay default when damaged

First:
    Weapons/armors should not drop off being defaults even if they are 100% damaged. That's annoying. We are also required to keep 3 extra windows open (smitty, weapon, and armor items) and to refresh all after damage. There's now too many windows open for boss fighting and that's not fun.

Second,
    Armor damage should be percentile based and 100% damage should not happen too often. I would also like to see the current damage % in profile under "Weapon and Armor in Use" section.

Third,
    To make things interesting, you could drop off some damage/defense from worn armor/held weapon when they take damage. That could also serve as a hint for us when combating that our items might be damaged.

Fourth,
    I second Tanada's suggestions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tananda View Post
    Legendary items should be immune. Period.
    The repair function also happened too often you would have a lot of stealing going on if everyone was just lurking around waiting for you to not only eat but to get repaired as well. I would also like to see the damage take effect after the hit, not during.
    I totally agree

Thanks

This game is based on speed and simplicity. The damage factor slows it down way too much. Without the damage I was getting 4-5 hits before eating, With it I get 3 and then its eat, hit, repair, hit,repair, hit, eat. Terrible.
    I agree, Legendary items should be invulnerable. Really, a Legendary sword that needs sharpening after 2 hits? WRONG !

Administrator
    Thanks

Just for a note of clarification... Even if it were to go back in, it would be less frequent than it was during the testing from yesterday.

Thanks

I too agree that legendary Items should not be effected. They take a long time to get, what's the point to something special...not being special? I would remove this option all together. There are so many other issues that would really add to the game play, don't focus on those that hinder the game play.

Thanks

Agree with Ahazz. Until more enhancments are put in to indicate a player is actively engaged with a Boss right now it is just courteous players looking to see if a Boss gold is going down to determine if a person is engaged with them. If a player has to take time to eat, repair, etc then go back to attacking a boss only to find their time wasted by a poached kill it severly impacts their level of fun.

Do away with weapon damage for now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PrinCyz For This Useful Post:

Antilles (02-21-2010)

Thanks

I vote to do away with it period.
    As another poster mentioned, the game works well on speed and simplicity.

Tananda's ideology of the Legendary weapons being unaffected if a pretty good one.

As of this posting, my armor just isn't staying put. It keeps falling off.

But overall, I vote to remove this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anon For This Useful Post:

Antilles (02-21-2010)

Thanks

i don't like it - as anon said - armor falls off after 3 attacks - doesn't even inform me that it has. maybe it should be percentage based. and legendary items should take much much much more dmg than normal items.